omega 171

Started by Brendan, September 12, 2021, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

I ended up with a bag of reels, most of them Penn's that I'm familiar with. This little one is way out of my wheelhouse. I got it torn down and upon reassembly the washer on the outside of the spool crumbled. Its held on with rivets and I'm not sure of a solution.
Thanks in advance for any input. Brendan.

happyhooker

Can't picture what you talking about; my Omega 171 schematic doesn't appear to show any washers riveted in that spot.

Should I be thinking about a soft material washer on the front of the spinner head?

Frank

Wompus Cat

If you are referring to the Rubber line stop that are on a lot of the Zebco Reels then it is not a serviceable item. You will need a New Spinner or you can drill out the Rivets and go to your local hardware store and buy an o 'ring of approximate size and either glue it to the plate or use jewelers wire to hold it in place via the   Rivet holes .
The Reel will still Cast and Retrieve  Fine  but you won't be able to stop the line out by pushing in the button or pulling up on the  Lever if this is an Underspin Reel If this is not what you are talkin about then  Never Mind  ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Brendan

Yes to the washer at the front. No go under spin.
I'll try to get a picture later. I saw a virus of a rubber grommet glued on to replace it in a similar reel but it had a raise area at the inside dimension to index the grommet that my reel doesn't.
Thank you, Brendan.

Brendan

That would be video. Auto fill,spellcheck🤪.
Thanks for the input.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Brendan on September 16, 2021, 04:26:52 AM
    That would be video. Auto fill,spellcheck🤪.
Thanks for the input.

Yep those Darn Smell Chekurs are sumthing ilse .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him