Variety of Mitchell reels

Started by DON3099, September 16, 2021, 01:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DON3099

May not be good one's, but the price was right FREE. From the young lady I met fluke fishing.
Top row left to right, 400 (no foot) will use some parts for 410, (2) 410's, (2) 300's
Bottom row, (3) 302's, the last one I'm not sure, but has a different style line guide. I think I can make 2 working 410's, (2) 300's Maybe 2 or 3 302's.
Also extra spools.

cmdrzog

302 has a manual p/u  no need to worry about bail trip on power cast

thorhammer

That'd be a good haul for a hundred bucks, much less free. I love the 400- high speed- possibly someone here has a body for it and keep it going- it'd be worth it. 

John

cmdrzog

the 302 p/u meeds to be moved to the correct position to work

DON3099

thorhammer, Are you saying the line retrieve is done manually??
cmdrzog, I used the axles from the 400, for a 410. I will have to look an A/R dog, then both 410's are ready to go.

cmdrzog

your index finger removes the line for casting and picks it up for the retrieve instead of a bail. the line rests on the roller and is laid on the spool as normal when you turn the handle. the notch in the roller assy should be positioned over the flange on the rotor. google 302 mitchell manual p/u for a clear pic.

DON3099

Thanks for the information!!! That reel has to much missing, I won't be fixing that one. If anyone wants it for parts PM me, and pay shipping. I haven't opened it, but I will and send pictures (I  don't want anyone angry at me  ;D.

DON3099

John that 400 has a tooth missing in the main gear. Down the road I may get the parts for it. I mainly deal with UL Mitchell's.

thorhammer

Noted- needs body and gears, so may be of more use as a parts stash.