PENN part: 23-555 Nut, Handle Nut, Brass

Started by Mrc70, September 21, 2021, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hi guys.  Anyone know if this is a nut that I can find at my local hardware store or is it something that will need to be ordered from Mystic Parts?   ???

foakes

It can probably be sourced at a good local hardware store.

The trick will be to make sure the height and width will accommodate the plastic trim cap that goes over it.

Someone on here may have one — it is the same nut for a few Penn reels.

It is $1.70 at Mystic + shipping — so order some drag washers or other things along with it.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Mrc70

Thank you. Yes with tax + shipping it's around $7. I currently do not need any other PENN parts. That is why I was hoping I could find it locally.

oc1

I don't know what the thread count is, but they seldom use anything standard like you would find in the store.

Wompus Cat

Pretty sure it is 8MM 1.75 thread pitch and should be available at a Good Hardware Store like ACE.
Most of those have Wide Selections in Bins .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Mrc70