Tiburon 349 frames and spools

Started by mikeysm, November 11, 2016, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Randy is their going to be a run of 349 frames and spools.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, I have had this on the drawing board with Tiburon for over a year, but I decided to go with the Super Jigmaster kits first.  After there was so much demand for those kits, I had to do a second run which should be ready in three weeks, but I hope to get the narrow (1 5/8") topless 349H kits rolling early next year.   I do have a couple of 349H reels with narrow Newell spools if you want something fishable right away.

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

Randy the stuff you have just won't cut it sorry.

Mike

jigmaster501

Randy,

Any Newell spools for a 349 available???

Thanks.

Eugene

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for thinking of me Eugene.  I have lots of Newell aluminum Wahoo Special kits and complete reels for the 349H for cheap.  They are 2 7/16" wide vs. 1 3/4" wide for the stock 349H.  I don't have any Tiburon or Newell stock width spools left.  I do have some stock Penn spools.  Please let me know if you can use any of the above.

Thanks again,

Randy

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

jigmaster501

Thanks Randy,

If you get any aluminum spools for a regular size 349, let me know. I have a neptuna cradle with a 349 that I wanted to make a beast rod and reel.

Eugene..

redsetta

Love it when talk turns to Monster Mariners.
Built one a few years back and it remains an all-time favourite (though I long-ago passed it on to a new owner):
Looking forward to seeing your cradle beast Eugene!
Good luck with the project, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

jigmaster501

Thanks Justin,

It hopefully will have a newell spool but I plan on making it a braid reel for deep dropping for wrecks. slow retrieve for bigger fish hopefully........

Eugene

jigmaster501

I actually have a wahoo special spool that a friend gave me.

I was thinking of taking the spool apart and having it cut down to normal size.

I had a machinist friend who used to cut spools down and narrow them but he passed away.

Does anyone know of someone who could do this??

Thanks

Eugene

Swami805

I have a Newell base for the 349 wahoo special if you need one to go with that spool. New
Do what you can with that you have where you are