Sacramento river kings

Started by smnaguwa, September 19, 2021, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smnaguwa

Went salmon fishing on the Sacramento river with Steve of Dave Jacobs' guide service. Launched at Wodson bridge and went a short distance south. We slow trolled sardine wrapped Kwikfish #16 in silver with a chartreuse lip on a Loomis salmon rod and Shimano 300 Curado with 30# braid with mono leader. We had 6 hits during the day and 3 hookups. 3 were landed - 19, 20, 25#. 2 were bright with bright orange flesh; one was starting to turn color and flesh was slightly pale. They were good fighters and we had a good dsay.

foakes

Nice job, Stan —

Good day on the River.

Thanks for sharing!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Thats a big boy,,,,, ;) great job man,,,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Nice fish Stan, would test your knots ay, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Nice fish...when I fished the Sac we stayed below the I80 bridge and never farther than Garcia Bend.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

River fishing is fun for salmon and I miss fishing the Skenna. They can hit those plugs hard. Nice job and nice fish.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd