What Kind of Lure is This? Old, Newer, Mid-Range, US, Asian, or?

Started by foakes, September 27, 2021, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Found this lure in an old tackle box I was going through today —

No markings on it — anyone know anything about it?

It has a very nice and finely detailed natural paint scheme on one side — the opposite side is a shiny silver color metal.

Too pretty to fish (actually, IMO, too unique to lose) — so I'll just hang it up for display somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Cool little lure....can't tell you anything about it, but it would look great in a shadow box with other unique lures.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

philaroman

Phoebe variation?

older ones were unpainted plain, or with hammered/engraved scales

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=phoebe+lure&form=HDRSC2&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

Wompus Cat

I have several of these still in the package  and  Phoebe kinda chimes but not positive .
Gotta go dig again but I always find sumpin I been missing
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

philaroman

yeah, double-checked & switched from "Phoebe" to "Phoebe variation?"

PacRat

Here's one that's very similar but not identical. Looks like it may be the same maker though...but don't know who made it as it's un-marked. The description says it's 3 1/4" long but I don't know if that's including the hook.

Gfish

Yeah, I think a Phoebe, from the Acme company. They make the awesome Kastmasters and my favorite spoon for stream fishing; the Little Cleo. No marks on it, might mean foreign imitation.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!