Ted Williams 560 (Daiwa Millionaire 6H) High Speed

Started by Breadfan, September 29, 2021, 11:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadfan

I got this on ebay last week, 20 bucks, including shipping. It was "not working, level wind was broke" Perfect, I take out the level wind anyways. The one of the left is the newest addition, I have two of these Ted Williams 560's now and a matching Daiwa a 6H so my total comes to three. This one is has a few more scratches but it will be fished once I replace the drags with HT-100's and give it a good cleaning and tuning. There is no corrosion anywhere and these reels Japanese reels were meant to fish. Perfect for my pompano arsenal.

thorhammer

Nice! I have picked up a couple Millionaires here or there but in 5 width. Nice reels. i bet that is a fun pomp reel.

John

steelfish

thats pretty cool

I have the same reel in size 535
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27618.0

I didnt knew they were similar to daiwa millonaire 6h

PS: Im checking pics on the web and indeed, ted williams 535 and 560 are just a copy of Daiwa millonaire 6H reels.

I seems that I will need to do a complete service and drag upgrade to mine and start using it, right now it just collecting dust on the cabinets on my office.
The Baja Guy

Breadfan

Quote from: thorhammer on September 29, 2021, 12:07:30 PM
Nice! I have picked up a couple Millionaires here or there but in 5 width. Nice reels. i bet that is a fun pomp reel.

John

Once you get the good drags in them, they are excellent pomp reels! Every bit as good as an Ambassadeur! They also handle the big rays on those bad days where they are lurking.

Breadfan

Quote from: steelfish on September 29, 2021, 08:13:41 PM
thats pretty cool

I have the same reel in size 535
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27618.0

I didnt knew they were similar to daiwa millonaire 6h

PS: Im checking pics on the web and indeed, ted williams 535 and 560 are just a copy of Daiwa millonaire 6H reels.

I seems that I will need to do a complete service and drag upgrade to mine and start using it, right now it just collecting dust on the cabinets on my office.

Yea, they are an exact copy, only the badging is different. For some reason I am drawn to Ted Williams stuff. Sears put out so many sporting good items with his name, shotguns, rifles, fishing equipment, 100's items, and they never made a single item. Most of it was really good quality. Here's a pic with the 6H in the lineup. I have fished these reels hard in the last few years. When i bought them, they hardly had a scratch on them. Not so anymore.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~