jigging master pe4

Started by hafnor, August 10, 2011, 02:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyHookerAUS

HappyHookerAUS

ok so upon opening her up i went straight to the bearing you mentioned Alan, bang on the money! also I've noticed some improvements to the pe4 compared to the op's one. looks like the clicker gear/ drag washer housing is all aluminium now, the clicker itself has springs rather than the plastic spring it back and the cam knob has changed too..

Anyhow back to the reel.. is there anyway to protect this bearing in such loads before i go out and buy another bearing for it only happen again? should i just buy another reel for down rigging?

alantani

order up a new bearing or two.  hopefully you will be able to remove the shields, fully pack the bearing with grease and reshield the bearing. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2015, 10:52:32 PM
order up a new bearing or two.  hopefully you will be able to remove the shields, fully pack the bearing with grease and reshield the bearing. 

cheers mate, would a ceramic bearing have any advantage there? less prone to rusting?

alantani

part, maybe most, of the damage is due to compression.  ceramic bearings might be more brittle, shattering under the pressure. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2015, 11:43:30 PM
part, maybe most, of the damage is due to compression.  ceramic bearings might be more brittle, shattering under the pressure. 

fair call mate  ;D

triumphrick

I was linked this tutorial from a customer who is bringing by a PE5 and he wanted to point out a few things...

I chuckled when I saw the arrow on the tape on the spool. It reminded me of the first Accurate I sent out to a customer that the spool was in backwards...

I always tape them up with painters tape to keep the line clean, and that one happened to go back on backwards.....it is the one spool that will do that!