Salmon Salad Sammy

Started by Maxed Out, October 03, 2021, 12:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Been getting lotta silver salmon since early September. Today I'm making salmon salad. It's easy to do, and even easier with a "slap chop" kitchen gadget.

I cooked couple fresh fillets with just a touch of lemon pepper, and let cool in fridge. Then I slap chop about half a large sweet onion, and a handful of celery sticks. De-bone salmon and mix in celery and onion, and couple small spoons of sweet relish and slowly add mayo till its all binding together. Also fresh cracked pepper(almost forgot).

Now I'm set for a few days of salmon salad sammiches, and salmon salad on a ritz cracker. Ain't nuttin' better in my world !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

A little Wompus Cat Hot Sauce would kick it up a  Few Notches
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

mo65

Sounds great Ted! I love the tuna you sent me on Ritz crackers with a cold beer. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Dang Ted, 6am here,that would be good on toast for dawn patrol
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

handi2

I had Salmon for my birthday yesterday. It came from Publix..!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

otownjoe

Nothing like good fish salad. I like mine on Martin's potato hot dog buns. A poor man's lobster roll that's not poor.

akfish

A couple shakes of Tobasco and some fresh lemon juice and you've got a winner -- especially with king salmon.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Ron Jones

Looks lovely,
Glad the silver run seems strong this year.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Brewcrafter

Ted that looks and sounds great!!!!  Glad you got some salmon and it looks like you make spectacular use out of them! - john

Squidder Bidder

Looks great. I make salmon salad from time to time too. Try adding a few drops of sesame oil to your mayonnaise before mixing with the flaked fish for a complimentary smoky, earthy note. I'm also someone who needs thinly sliced green onions in my salmon salad. 

gstours

Thanks for sharing your idea about using sesame oil.   I would have never thought this would be likable, but must try it,  it's good on some other things.   Thanks 🙏.

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: gstours on December 22, 2021, 01:03:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your idea about using sesame oil.   I would have never thought this would be likable, but must try it,  it's good on some other things.   Thanks 🙏.

Enjoy! 

thorhammer

I mixed some of Ted's smoked salmon up with a squirt of mayo and a wedge of Laughing Cow garlic cream cheese. It was spectacular on the ritz...it was my dinna Sunday night.