Daiwa Sealine 400H handle side bearing size

Started by Hoochrip, October 16, 2021, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochrip

Does anyone know what the bearing size is for the handle side? The bearing broke apart when I freed the pinion off the spool shaft. Checked Boca and didn't have the size info for that reel. Also, looking for a tension cap for the handle side too. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,,
Mark

Porthos

If memory serves correctly, the bearings are peened into metal housings for both sides of the reel. Do not ever recall popping one out of the metal housing. The one you are referencing is part #720-2321, yes?

Call up Daiwa to see if they still stock #720-2321 as well as the cap parts #380-0301 and #375-7501

Otherwise, you should have enough of the parts to get the bearing measurements:

• The metal housing for the O.D. and height
  • The spool shaft for the I.D.

It may be time to consider buying another 400H or 450H as a parts reel...some Daiwa's inventory of Sealine parts are now made of "unobtainium."
Craiglist is good for this depending on where you are; here's one in the Santa Barbara area:

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/spo/d/santa-barbara-fishing-reel-daiwa-400h/7393367741.html

PM Bryan Young. He asked me on the recent SOA trip if I wanted another 400H or 600H with the 5+1 drag kits included. Since the trip ended less than a week ago, he may still have the 400H available...