Seeker Inshore II

Started by Mad Snooker, January 23, 2012, 09:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Snooker

Not many Seeker users on this side, especially their Inshore series, so figured I'd ask here.

Anyone using the 10-17 lb CSW706 blank? Looks interesting for small jigs/plugs against the mangroves in the Glades...

reelynuts

I use the next size up (I think its rated 12 (15) 20) up north in the Long Island Sound and in Montauk,Ny. It is truly among my favorite rods,and I have around 100 rods of various types, shapes and sizes.. This rod goes with me on every fishing trip. I liked it so much that I bought a spare, which just sits around waiting for that day that disaster strikes. I hope that day never comes. I put an older Abu 7000 (black with minimal bearings-really love this reel too) and use it for everything from blackfish/tautog (pound for pound-what I consider the most fun to catch, hardest pulling fish around-kind of like the grouper and the rocks thing) bluefish, stripers, and in montauk drifting for fluke where we sometimes need a little extra lead to hold bottom. The rod has all of the right properties for what I use it for. Its light, crisp, sensitive as any other rod I've fished with, and handsome. Seeker has always been my favorite rod company. You can see and feel the quality. After several years of some pretty intense use, the rod shows no significant signs of wear, scratches or rust on the fuji guides. I am a bit of a fanatic about my gear though. I try to protect it by rinsing, and a quick wipe down with Pledge once in a while- Highly Recommended. You will not be disappointed with a seeker rod. By the way, I am in no way affiliated with them nor do I have any special interest in promoting their rods other than being a very happy and satisfied customer. Enjoy! 

Mad Snooker

Thanks for the input, Nuts - I ordered the 10/17 spinning rod in from Chark and had hoped to be posting my own usage report this morning, but UPS decided that 7' is too long and they shortened it to 6' for me......whats left of the rod sure looks and feels good.
Anyway, I'll post a report when the replacement rod comes in.....

LTM

Mad Snooker,

I have the BCSW 706-7S in a spinner that's supposed to be for "company/friend".  I fish it with 12# and with lead-head and plastic or small/medium lures (love plastics/spoons).  I love it when I can remember to bring it with me.  Like taking it to the marina's and jettys here in So Cal.  Casts .5oz leadhead/plastics like a champ, and you can play with 2/3lb mackrel all day long (you know how much fun a mackrel is when the fishing is slow).  Great for Sand/Calico bass, the nephews argue over using it all the time.

Leo

mr t

I wrapped that blank for a light tackle bay/delta setup a few years ago. Great blank; light, strong, great color to boot.

You'll like it!

Mad Snooker

Well I finally received the replacement rod -  a few quibbles with its construction (front grip squeaks + one of the guide rings is slightly loose and rattles a bit in its frame but doesn't spin under pressure) Put it to good use anyway, Stradic 5000FJ with 20lb braid balances nicely and casts 1/4 jigheads, 3/8 bucktails and 3/8-3/4 plugs with great accuracy and good distance. No major battle won yet, but the rod feels great giving hell to the big jacks in my canal every sundown. Butt section is too long for my style (sidearm casting under structure, small holes in mangrove shorelines) but I like the blank's action a lot - think I'll have my rod guru wrap a blank up my way and pass this one on to my pier-rat son.       

obeckmann

I use two of the 708's 20(25)30 paired up with penn 975 csld's.....been my go-to boat set-ups in the long island sound for 4 years now - spooled up with 20 lb ande pink I use them for bluefish / bass / fluke and porgy - always bring one along to cast at the pots for mahi if I make it offshore - great rods