Another Mustad Sale

Started by Bill B, October 24, 2021, 05:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I used the Mustad Demon on the AT.com 8 day and had tremendous luck.....here is another sale by Mustad....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

philaroman

which (if any) are still Norwegian?  1/4-off would be sweet,
but don't want Chinese Mustad, unless half-off or better...  just to try
maybe I'm biased after huge disappointment w/ earliest outsource
curious what other AT Mustad fans think

jurelometer

Quote from: philaroman on October 24, 2021, 05:13:18 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if the first couple of batches way back in the beginning had some quality control issues.

I have had nothing but good experiences with the modern Mustad circle live bait hooks.  And for fly fishing, I use their signature series for the majority of my ties.  The prices are great, the quality is excellent.  They make an equivalent of the Trey Combs big game fly hook that is a fraction of cost of the Gamakatsus. Been using these since they originally came out, maybe 15 years or so.  Hundreds and hundreds. Zero failures. 

On the Zoom yesterday, we were talking about possible counterfeit hooks failing,  so that might be something to consider as well.

-J

Swami805

Good looking out Bill, I get those emails too. I bought a few of their slow pitch jigs, they work good.  A few months ago the did 35% off, keep an eye peeled. 
Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman

Quote from: jurelometer on October 24, 2021, 07:37:45 PM
Quote from: philaroman on October 24, 2021, 05:13:18 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if the first couple of batches way back in the beginning had some quality control issues.

I have had nothing but good experiences with the modern Mustad circle live bait hooks.  And for fly fishing, I use their signature series for the majority of my ties.  The prices are great, the quality is excellent.  They make an equivalent of the Trey Combs big game fly hook that is a fraction of cost of the Gamakatsus. Been using these since they originally came out, maybe 15 years or so.  Hundreds and hundreds. Zero failures. 

On the Zoom yesterday, we were talking about possible counterfeit hooks failing,  so that might be something to consider as well.

-J

'bout 15 yrs. ago, or more...  1st Mustads I ever bought w/out "Norway"
several lighter UltraPoint styles -- no failures, but did not keep point well & rapid/rampant corrosion