Vintage Star Rod

Started by sharkman, October 25, 2021, 12:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Need some help with info on rod. Purchased a vintage star rod. The rod is pre label has star delux 26 written on blank, it at least 8 foot long, now here is the kicker it is a spinning rod.

Benni3

Quote from: sharkman on October 25, 2021, 12:17:09 AM
Need some help with info on rod. Purchased a vintage star rod. The rod is pre label has star delux 26 written on blank, it at least 8 foot long, now here is the kicker it is a spinning rod.
I think star rods is made in Florida and is still in business,,, :D but that's all I know,,,,,,, ;D

otownjoe

I have several star rods like you described. I'm no expert on them but I believe the deluxe denotes fuji guides.  The number system is the model number. The number also can tell you the power of the rod but I haven't figured out how they relate. Most of the older handwritten models were gator blanks. They are good durable rods. Joe

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Benni3 on October 25, 2021, 02:29:37 AM
Quote from: sharkman on October 25, 2021, 12:17:09 AM
I think star rods is made in Florida and is still in business,,, :D but that's all I know,,,,,,, ;D
The high end ones still made in USA are made in NC with the rest now made in china. As far as chinese rods go they're pretty great though.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.