Making a loop in hollow braid tutorial

Started by maxpowers, February 19, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpowers

Making a loop in hollow braid as the first step for a windon - leader or as a finishing touch on your hollow braid main line to do a Loop to Loop connection

first picture: tag end of hollow braid
second picture : insert wire loop about 6-8 inches from tag end going away from the tag end
third picture:  another picture showing the wire 8 inches inside the hollow braid
fourth picture:  exit the wire thru the hollow braid

maxpowers

continued:

first picture: bring end of wire thru the loop in the wire
second picture: continue by taking the tag end and teh rest of teh wire thru the wire loop.  It should flip over at this point. 
third picture : adjust the wire loop and pull it slowly until a small loop is form in the braid.
fourth picture: continue pulling until the braid turn completely inside out and form the loop

maxpowers

continued

first picture: tag end and main line
second picture:  insert wire thru main line about .5 to 1 " from where tag end would have ended
third picture:  insert wire to junction of tag end and loop
fourth picture:  exit wire at the junction

maxpowers

continued

first picture: insert tag end of hollow braid thru wire loop and pull thru
second picture: smooth out and the tag end is inside teh hollow braid
third picture:  main line loop and 60 lbs mono wind on leader
fourth picture: completed cat's paw (wind on loop passed thru main loop 3-4 times0

I hope this helps with making loops in your hollow.

otghoyt

I keep my costs down by fishing loop to loop leader rigs.

Hey guys, funny thing, this post has 3100 and some odd visits but only a few responses.  Welll, I have a couple rigs set up for loop-to-loop leaders that I want to share with you.  They are extremely versatile and cost less than any two other poles you have to schlep around to equal what one LTL pole/reel can do.

If you happen to be of little means, (me too) it is a most efficient set-up for fishing a great variety of line weights and a multitude of Hook, Lure. Weight combinations that you normally would use 2 or 3 poles for each particular job.

CAVEAT; Hollow Core does not cast as well as monofilament and Hollow Core will pack up with fine sand when Surf Fishing on the bottom.  
            Although, the hollow core will slow-pitch and fly line nicely

I have a pimped-out Jig Master 500.  Everything that money can buy, right here, from Alan and his buds.  I like CN Spools.  None lighter!  I have 600 yards of Thread Lock 50# Hollow on one with a loop stitched into the end.  It is sitting on a super nice 6', medium action, True-Line, 20/50# with a roller tip.  I can switch line from 16#, 20#, 25#, 30#, 40#, and 50# line in less than a minute at the rail.  I can go from a 50#, 2 hook, chunk rig with weight to a live bait 25# Fluoro-rig fly lining a sardine to line shy, footballs in just one minute at the rai!  You don't need much for a gear bag...add anchovies and catch dinner.

I only have 6 rods to my name.  All used before I got 'em.  They catch everything I want to catch any way I want to do the catching.  Loop to Loop is on 3 of those rods.  On an Open Charter, Day Boat out of Point Loma, I take an 81/2-foot casting rig with a 506 and this little Jig Master.