1968 Zebco Cardinal 6/7 Ad

Started by jgp12000, November 05, 2023, 10:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I found this at another site,from the 1968 Zebco Catalog,A Cardinal 6
Was $40,7 was $45.Around $350 in 2023.

Gfish

I remember when they first came out. They looked funny to me with those colors and that weird knob so the bottom.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Thanks, James!

Great reels.

Some of the best HD spinners ever manufactured by any company.

With the metal spool already from the factory on the 6/7's —- these are super tough and smooth reels.

I always have a few laying around in the Cardinal Bins.

Today, these reels are still top performers —- and way underpriced.  A good value.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

I never cared for the look,but now I know how great they are.The design is so practical,a fisherman must have been involved.Fred the drag knobs on those 2,one appears to be numbered 0-7 the other 0-9.Tom addressed this earlier in another post I started on drag knob installs.I just acquired 2 more C4s from the original owner,they well taken care of.The paint was near mint.Also,in the ad one has a t-handle,the other doesn't?

foakes

Just like with Penn & DQ —-

It is easy and practical to switch parts around.

On a 6/7 —- the larger T-Crank gives an angler more control and power for larger fish and saltwater conditions and terminal tackle.

Often, I just pull a new crank, spool, drag knob —- out of the parts inventory. 

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Most of early Cardinal 6s came with the flat trapezoidal handle knob. The salt water torpedo style handle option didn't come into play for a year or so later. An interesting anomaly that only a purist wound notice is that the original Cardinal 3 handles with the flat trapezoidal are are slightly smaller than the 4s & 6s, so if you want to know whether your Cardinal 3 is truly original and unmolested check the handle against a 4 or 6 handle.  :D

On another note, I have three Cardinal 6s with 68 serial #s, two of which were purchased new, one by my dad in '68 when they first came out and one by me in early 1970. Those two reels are still 100% original.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Here you go!

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

jgp12000