BFT Slaughter on the Pacific Queen

Started by Keta, October 31, 2021, 10:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Nice work Lee.  that sure is a beauty.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Congratulations Lee, that is some fantastic catching! 

Scott

broadway

Way to represent the Ohana, Lee.
Beautiful, well deserved, fish.
Well done Sir,
Dom

dangalang

Brewcrafter

MarkT

Good job but a 3.5 day trip isn't long range! It's a long over nighter... a 5-6 day to the 'lupe is intermediate and an 8+ is long range... you have to make it to the Rocks/Ridge and beyond to be considered long range... just sayin'.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

It is when you drive 800 miles before you get on the boat.  ;0)
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Fair enough,  I guess I'm not used to Oregon definitions of SoCal fishing!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Our albacore can be as close as 20 miles out and occasionally closer and overnight trips are uncommon.  For the people on this trip it was "long range" and many caught their first "fish of a lifetime" at least 1 person got 2,  the second on the first drop after landing his first 200# + fish.  He was using Alan's gear.  All of them are experienced fishermen, some charter captains (the captain, the charter master, and the owner of the boat I was a deckhand for were on the trip) and many own their own offshore boats.

In the early 80's I saw albacore jumpers a mile off of Brookings, but that is extremely rare.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~