Three ,Four and Five Thousand

Started by oldmanjoe, November 04, 2021, 12:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I just went thru and repainted some reels that needed a little love .     I don`t mind worn down paint look ,but when it bubbles up with a salt deposit under it , time for paint .    I am not to fond of the flat paint that was used in this series .     I find it a little gummy at times and easily scratches with a  finger nail at times also .
   I have a 331n that need paint so it was added to the paint line .
   I heat up the castings before paint to degass them and bake the paint for a hour or two after , and then clear coat them .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

BocaSnook1

Beautiful job.  Can I ask you what paint type that you used and how many coats applied?

I have a 220, 221 and 331 needing a paint job.

Thanks

Tad

oldmanjoe

For those reel I would use  VHT  Wrinkle plus .    I can spray one good coat when the casting is warm , and in less then 2 minutes                                              
 I know how the finished look will be .  
   The reels i just did have some in gloss black and some in wrinkle paint .   I feel that the wrinkle paint is more durable than the gloss paint .
   I will know in a little while for sure .
    A couple of past threads .
   https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27637.0
    https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27296.0
   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24794.0
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

BocaSnook1

Thanks - will get those painting supplies this weekend!

Tad

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: foakes on November 04, 2021, 03:04:33 PM
Excellent work, Joe!

Best, Fred
Thank you ...      By any chance do the trout decal come separate , I never noticed any in the parts bin pictures ?   ::)