Upgrade your SHV/SHA from Derrick Kim at Fishingkaki.com

Started by alantani, November 10, 2010, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

reposted with permission.  derrick, thank you very much!  alan

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126662

Quote from: Derrick Limhi all surf kakis,
by chance,i found that the sealine x shv/sha can be upgraded like a grandwave z,5 ball bearings and infinite anti reverse compare to 3 ball bearings and no infinite....and 2 different size ball bearing
1st of all,you need to order the following 4 parts from DAIWA and they are
1)6F827801(handle metal plate)
2)6E248101(handle metal plate screw)
3)6F827101(collar D)
4)6F827601(handle metal)
2nd,get 2 ball bearings of different locally and you are ready to transform your SHV/SHA into a GRANDWAVE Z!!!!
just following the steps and you should be able to modify your own reel.....

THESE ARE THE TOOLS YOU NEED AND PARTS FROM DAIWA

A CLOSED UP LOOK ON THE PARTS FROM DAIWA

UNSCREW THE HANDLE NUT SCREW

REMOVE THE HANDLE NUT WITH THE SPECIAL TOOL FROM DAIWA

TURN OUT THE STAR DRAG(ANTI CLOCKWISE)

TAKE OUT THE DRAG CLICKER,DRAG SPRING WASHERS,BEARING WASHER AND BEARING IN ORDER

REMOVE ALL 6 SCREWS FROM THE END PLATE

THIS IS HOW THE INTERNAL SHOULD LOOK AFTER YOUHAVE OPEN IT

WE ARE GOING TO REPLACE THE BUSHING WITH A BEARING

BEARING VS BUSHING

USE A SMALL SCREWDRIVER TO REMOVE THE RETAINER,BECAREFUL AS THE RETAINER CAN REALLY FLY!!

AFTER THE RETAINER HAD BEEN REMOVE,TURN OVER,REMOVE THE CASTING CAP,TAKE OUT THE PINION SHAFT AND PUSH OUT THE BUSHING USING A SCREWDRIVER

SLOT IN THE BEARING AND PUT BACK THE RETAINER,MAKE SURE ALL 4 CORNERS ARE SITTED IN THE SLOT

PUT BACK THE PINION SHAFT AND CLOSE BACK THE CASTING CAP

NEXT IS THE INFINITE ANTI REVERSE,SLOT IN THE HANDLE METAL AND TURN SLIGHTLY,IT WILL SIT NICELY INTO THE GAP

PLACE THE HANDLE METAL PLATE OVER THE HANDLE METAL AND TIGHTEN WITH THE SMALL SCREW

NEXT,REPLACE THE ORGINAL COLLAR D WITH THE ONE FROM GRANDWAVE Z AND IT SHOULD SLOT INTO THE DRIVESHAFT WITH THE GAP FACING THE FRAME AND THERE SHOULD BE NO GAP IN BETWEEN

TIME TO CLOSE IT,MAKE SURE THAT THE PINION SHAFT SLOT INTO THE PINION GEAR AND THE CLUTCH CAM CATCHES THE YOKE PLATE,AFTER THAT GIVE THE CLUTCH LEVER A FEW PUSH JUST TO CONFIRM THAT THE ARM SIT IN THE YOKE PLATE

PUT EVERYTHING BACK IN ORDER

LOCK BACK THE 6 SCREWS AND THE 2 LONG ONE SHOULD BE AT THE BOTTOM

PUT THE HANDLE BACK AND TIGHTEN THE HANDLE NUT AND STOP WHEN THE GROOVE OF THE NUT IS IN LINE WITH THE HOLE,FINALLY TIGHTEN THE HANDLE NUT SCREW

A UPGRADED SHA

THE 3 MUSKETEERS OF DAIWA
DAIWA GRANDWAVE Z 30 SHW
DAIWA SEALINE X 30 SHA
DAIWA SEALINE X 30 SHV
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Phinaddict

And can  the  SL20/30 SH series be upgraded the same way or no ?????
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

Dave Bentley

Hello all from Downunder,
Owning a string of SL20SH and SL50SH I am really interested in this post. I assume there are photos with this post but I can't view them. Is any one else having problems or just me.

Also seems the link is closed too.

Many thanks for great forum.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

alantani

they are hosted on fishingkaki.com and i think their server is very slow.  i might have to download the photos here and re-do the post.  the upgrades look interesting, but the stock reels are reliable enough that the upgrades might not add that much.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bigfish

Dave Bentley

Only believe that which you know to be true.

BurningHeart

Would the part numbers be different for a Sealine X 40SHA? I'm guessing they would.

ez2cdave

Quote from: alantani on November 12, 2010, 07:47:59 AM
they are hosted on fishingkaki.com and i think their server is very slow.  i might have to download the photos here and re-do the post.  the upgrades look interesting, but the stock reels are reliable enough that the upgrades might not add that much.  alan

Alan,

I know this is from 6 years ago . . . Any chance on being able to see those pics ?

Tight Lines !

Dave

ez2cdave

Well, it's now 2021 and the pics are no where to be found.

However, for what little extra info it might provide, the Wayback Machine has the other forum thread archived.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120520055825/www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126662

Tight Lines !

Dave F.