The List - SOA 3-day, June 14-17 - Alan Tani, chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Hm, well, the knife jig choices are so endless that I remain bewildered, but I guess I'd better get one. Any recommendations? (Wt, color, brand, etc.) I do have some regular flat falls, at least.

Thanks!  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bill B

I will be trying these as knife jigs.  I do have a large treble to add. 2 are glow and the other has a flashy foil.  Have no idea if they will work, but at night you can't see anything anyway.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MarkT

The 420g Nomad Streaker has worked for me!  I have the silver/glow and red/glow.  I got one on the silver/glow, I didn't use the red/glow.

I think the knife jigs work better with current and fish down 300+'.  I'd think a ff would scope out and never get down.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Aiala

Okay, so now that I want a 420g, I can't find one... Guess I'll go for a 320.  :)

~A~

pjstevko

Aiala this is from page 2 referencing jigs....Call James he should have what you need

Jigs - these are more to catch anglers than fish, but they do work.  sometimes these fish will only bite the smaller colt snipers.  https://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Current-Sniper-Fishing-Lures/dp/B07GTDSQFW

james kikkawa has a really nice line of the 100 to 300 gram larger knife jigs.  you can reach him at (626) 988-3632  or  on Instagram @jameskikkawa or @westcoastjiggerz or Facebook James Kikkawa.  he's a smart kid and really keeps track of what's biting, so he's a good one to talk to.

and lastly, there are the monster knife jigs and flat falls that go up to 500 grams in weight.  right now, the fish are smaller, but you never know when these larger fish that eat these larger jigs will come through.  check with james, but you might have to go with amazon.

MarkT

Quote from: Aiala on June 01, 2022, 10:45:18 PMOkay, so now that I want a 420g, I can't find one... Guess I'll go for a 320.  :)

~A~
My local Turners had them. I think Seaforth had them too. They definitely had the 500g rip rollers, just not the 400g.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

The fishing reports are insane right now, you guys are gonna kill it!

Aiala

Quote from: pjstevko on June 02, 2022, 03:08:42 AMThe fishing reports are insane right now, you guys are gonna kill it!

I don't leave until July 2nd... drat... you guys are going to get out there before me. If the fishing continues at this pace, you'll be bringing home tons, literally TONS, of BFT. It truly is insane... :D

~A~

pjstevko

Quote from: Aiala on June 02, 2022, 02:12:20 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on June 02, 2022, 03:08:42 AMThe fishing reports are insane right now, you guys are gonna kill it!

I don't leave until July 2nd... drat... you guys are going to get out there before me. If the fishing continues at this pace, you'll be bringing home tons, literally TONS, of BFT. It truly is insane... :D

~A~
I won't be fishing until July 1st so I feel your pain!

Bill B

Thanks to generosity of John (Brewcrafter) I have a bunch of Squidder 140 spools for anyone on the 3 day SOA...they are mostly plastic and a few chromed to give away to anyone in need.  Let me know and I will bring them along.  Bill

Keta

I am bringing my crimpers, 200 and 300 pound mono, sleeves for the mono and some solid rings but not a lot of the solid rings.  If your jigs are not rigged bring hooks (2 assist hooks and 1 J hook per jig), two 200#+ swivels and 2 #10 or #11 Owner Hyper Wire split rings per jig and we will rig your jigs on the way out.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

I have a few hooks and swivels to donate. But no split rings.  Bill

Bill B

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on June 04, 2022, 09:05:51 PMThey're getting bigger,  too.....

Yeah at this point there isn't a need for any set up under 60#!!!!!