The List - SOA 3-day, July 1-4 - Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Dog

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 30, 2022, 02:22:27 AMI see new posting on SOA Facebook. They're into yellowtail, a few yellowfin, and maybe even bonito. That is a report from 10:30 this morning. I see nothing but bent rods in the background

I seen that. The water is warming up. I don't mind dodos

MarkT

Quote from: Rocket Dog on June 30, 2022, 02:18:15 AMPJ, Yup with the new 16oz weights I'm rethinking what heavy jigs to bring. Also, I was able to find one 200mm in pink. Any thoughts about the trolling?

Bring a trolling strap or flat line clip to keep the line closer to the water unless you're trolling 100+ yds back. Even then...
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rocket Dog

Quote from: MarkT on June 30, 2022, 02:45:37 AM
Quote from: Rocket Dog on June 30, 2022, 02:18:15 AMPJ, Yup with the new 16oz weights I'm rethinking what heavy jigs to bring. Also, I was able to find one 200mm in pink. Any thoughts about the trolling?

Bring a trolling strap or flat line clip to keep the line closer to the water unless you're trolling 100+ yds back. Even then...

There is none on the boat? I don't have straps or clips. I guess I've only seen guys on Youtube just using the rod holder on private boats. AI'm always leaning something here.

MarkT

The SoA has a closed transom with 45 degree holders. You can wrap a trolling strap through it to hold the rod lower like the boats with a rail at the transom... or use a flat line clip attached to your reel. Mike liked the look of a closed transom at the cost of functionality!

MarkT

I'm thinking about dropping my 100# rig and subbing in a 20-25# outfit.

bchen

I'm already packed and ready to leave in the morning.  For better or worse, it's too late to change. 

Hope the roads treat everyone well - see you at Denny's Friday morning!

Rocket Dog

Mark T, you might be on to something.

HM.jpg

Rocket Dog

I'm all set.

Mjg378

Porthos

Quote from: Mjg378 on June 30, 2022, 04:05:54 PMGood Fishing guys!!  :fish 

If they are boiling on the surface, I will chuck that golf ball you sent me a few years back at them...perhaps;D

DFT

If you can't find a Mad Macs in 200 mm, a 160 mm will work just fine.

MarkT

I've heard of people getting them on the big 240 too.

Hardy Boy

Todd

MarkT

Half way to San Clemente Is... 12+ kt wind, 4' swell, 6' waves.  Higher winds (17+ kt) down by Colnet. Kinda crappy everywhere this weekend!

BFT have been off but on the plus side, YFT and Dorado are showing up.