The List - SOA 8 day, October 4-12, Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom McKinney

Alan,

I replied to the tenative dates posting earlier this month.
Please add me here too if there is still room.
Thanks
Tom
Btw, I'll pay in full as soon as you poat a number, I want my rods out of the bow for once.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Alan can you add me to the waiting list......TY....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

will do.  i've been so busy that i haven't had time to sort all of this out. 

alantani

gentlemen, i'm finally getting to the point were we will start collecting checks.  the total cost of the boat ride is $67,110.  divided 24 ways it comes out to $2796.25 per person (or about $350 per day).  with a 15% tip, i'm going to call it $$3216 total.  if you would, please send in a check for half that amount, or $1608.  i will be sending out emails to each of you.  i would like to collect the final check a few months before the trip. 

for those on the waiting list, i deeply apologize for the delay.  it's a pretty stable group, but life does happen so spots might open up.  if one does, i will let you all know immediately.  thanks!  alan

Bill B

alantani

alantani

From: admin@soasportfishing.com <admin@soasportfishing.com>
Date: Tue, May 3, 2022 at 11:10 PM
Subject: Spirit of Adventure Fishing Information
To: <phildez2@aim.com>, <jcox@coxmachine.com>, <daniel_scanlon91@yahoo.com>, <bill.barella@gmail.com>, <1fishhunter@sbcglobal.net>

Hello Anglers!

Thank you once again for booking with the Spirit of Adventure! The fishing season is quickly approaching so we would like to send out some friendly reminders and information for you to share to better prepare for your upcoming trip.

1.We are currently not requiring COVID testing for trips shorter than 7 days, but this may change at any time. If and when they are required, rapid tests will be available at a small cost dockside. Please board at your own discretion.

2. We ask you still bring your own pillows and blankets for sanitation purposes. A bottom/fitted sheet will still be provided on your mattress. Should you need a pillow and blanket due to travel, please contact us via email: admin@soasportfishing.com. We are following strict sanitation guidelines for the safety of our crew and passengers and our crew is regularly tested regardless of vaccination status.

3. Reminder to bring your own reusable water bottle. The vessel is equipped with a purified water faucet and an ice machine. No water bottles are sold on board. Beer and soda are available for purchase.

4.  For all trips departing at 11:00am, check in will begin at 9:00am. Lunch will be served. For all trips departing at 6:00pm, check in will begin at 4:00pm. A light dinner will be served.

5. California fishing licenses are not included in your trip cost and can be purchased at H&M Landing on the day of departure.

6. Mexican fishing licenses also are not included in your trip cost but will be purchased by our staff on the day of departure.

7. Passports are only required for trips 3 days or more.

8. Outstanding balances are due 2 weeks before trip departure. Please contact our office for any necessary arrangements/considerations.

9. Rods and reels are available for rent at a limited quantity at a rate of $15/day per outfit due at sign-in. If you need to reserve a setup, please contact our office asap.

10. In addition to license and permit costs, we recommend passengers bring cash for the following: jackpot participation, beverage/galley tabs, rental equipment, crew tips/gratuities, and Spirit of Adventure merchandise.

11. A fuel service charge may apply depending on price of diesel at time of departure.

Charter masters, please provide us with your list of anglers as soon as possible so we can update our passenger lists. Please also let us know if you will be needing us to assign bunks or if you will be doing so. If any of the anglers on your trip require special dietary restrictions, let us know in advance in order to properly accommodate their needs.

For additional information regarding your trip, please contact our office via email or phone at admin@soasportfishing.com or (619) 549-8002. For any tackle or equipment related questions, please contact H&M Landing at info@hmlanding.com or (619) 222-1144.

We look forward to a great season!

Thank you,

Andrea
Office Administrator

admin@soasportfishing.com
(619) 549-8002
2803 Emerson St
San Diego, CA 92106

Bill B

I know we are still about 7 weeks out.  I checked with the SOA and as of today there will be no CV-19 test required and fuel surcharge will be $20 per day. 

As with my old sergeant used to say, "What I'm telling you was true 10 minutes ago and maybe subject to change in the next 30 minutes".  Bill

Ron Jones

30 minutes? I know that wasn't the Navy. If I heard something 10 minutes ago it DEFINITELY wasn't true anymore!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

gentlemen.   i received a call from melanie at fisherman's processing today regarding our reservations.   we will be allotted only five "same day" reservations.

our next option was "next day" service.  melanie tells me that our fish will likely not be ready the next day, but actually the day after.  for the eight of us from the bay area, that means two extra nights in san diego.  that likely will not work. 

right now, the plan is for me to drive back to san diego the next week with a u-haul van and all the ice chests, load up the fish and drive back.  this situation might change depending on the amount of fish caught by our boat and others, but i'm thinking that this is the best bet. 

i'm not sure if five star (619) 299-9996 or mario's at sportsmen's seafood (619) 224-3551 has any availability this late, but feel free to contact them. 

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

witty1

Quote from: alantani on September 11, 2022, 11:55:52 PMnah, it's ok.  i'm retired.....   ;D

That's alright.... I only got a few decades left of work...  ;D

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on September 11, 2022, 11:55:52 PMnah, it's ok.  i'm retired.....   ;D
So am I. But I live 2300 miles East of SD.  ;D  ;D
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor