RV, Trailers, Camper, Boat Prep Station

Started by foakes, November 18, 2021, 01:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

3 weeks ago, we returned from a 9-day trailer trip to the Southwest.

Last night, we returned from a 5-day trailer trip up Highway 49 in the Gold Country.

Today was cleaning and prepping the trailer and truck to be ready for the next trip.

Not a big deal — we already drained and flushed the holding tanks before we got home.  So we just needed to switch out one LP tank so there are (2) full tanks, drain the water and the lines, pull the battery and put it on a trickle charger, check all systems, tires, etc., pull our personal gear and tech.

I decided to use this 300 lb. rolling work station I picked up at a yard sale a couple of years ago for $40 — as a prep station for recharging batteries, stowing the hitches and equalizer setup, cleaning equipment, fluids, etc.

There are 13 compartments on this side showing — and another 13 on the opposite side against the wall.

There is a Airhose on a reel right next to the station, electricity, and everything needed.

Most things are already onboard the boat, trailer, camper, and truck — but this makes hooking up and leaving an efficient and quick deal.  Fits perfect in the front corner of one of the shops.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Thats a steal at 40 bucks. Anyone who doesnt think so, go price the lumber and casters. Then your time to build.

PacRat

Nice setup! For forty bucks, you certainly stole that thing. Must be good karma for your generosity.

Gfish

Nice.
'If only". If only I had the room to get all my like stuff in the same places.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Fred I would like to commend you for having everything in place, except that the screwdriver was catawampus.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on November 18, 2021, 10:27:21 PM
Fred I would like to commend you for having everything in place, except that the screwdriver was catawampus.  Dominick

That may look like a screwdriver, Dominick —

But it is actually a high-tech tamper proof lock for the door hasp!

Whoever made this solid old cabinet — was either a cabinet maker or a master carpenter.  Well planned, flexible, overbuilt, good Dado & Rabbet joints, simple, good places for shop manuals, etc.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Whit