Simply the best scissors....

Started by gstours, November 11, 2021, 01:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

It's not every day that you can believe what you see or hear 👂 right?
  That said I,m going out on a limb and making the above claim.   So.
      Small but not tiny,   Large finger and thumb holes,   Stainless,  affordable,  w. Seriated blade.
These scissors will cut braid without pulling tension on it.  And cut  cordura and Kevlar like butter.
   Clouse is the brand .   All comments are welcome.   Just put these on your thanks giving shopping list 🤦‍♀️🎣🤷‍♂️

Ron Jones

Are you sure it isn't clauss?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oc1

Hey, those look like the ones I buy on Amazon, except they have red handles. I got them for doing composite work but now use them for everything.  I've never worn out a pair, but have to keep replacing them because they tend to walk away.
https://smile.amazon.com/Fiber-Optic-Kevlar-Cutter-Aramid/dp/B00FE1MFF8/ref=sr_1_66?keywords=scissors+to+cut+braided+line&qid=1636607875&sr=8-66

foakes

Thanks, Gary!

I just ordered a pair from Zoro.

$21 something including $1.25 tax and $5 shipping.

Red handles — same specs and model number.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

gstours

Sorry Ron,  me bad.🤢.    I got these at a commercial fishing supply store for under 15$
  I've got lots of knives, pliers, and scissors and these are very good little scissors ✂️.
Next I'm looking for some  readers! 👿

Swami805

I have 4 pairs of those, they but braid very well and seem to last, so far so good anyways got them from voodoo rods. $4.50 a pair
Do what you can with that you have where you are

foakes

Lots of folks are hesitant or complain about companies like Zoro —

After Gary's post — I looked online for the best deal.  

Amazon was $24.  Wal-Mart was $32. One place was (6) pair for $32 — but with zero ratings and a company name I did not recognize — and figured was in China — I did not want to put my card out there.

Found on Zoro this pair for $15 + $5 shipping.  Ordered them since they already had my card and account on file.

Within 2 minutes an order number was provided to my email,  within 8 minutes a shipping tracking number was also provided, early this morning it was shipped and is now in the system to arrive tomorrow.  This was ordered late last night.

Last week I needed a couple of pressure washer 5 piece soap inlet connectors for my Honda pressure washer — and also for a friend's across the road.  

Checked with Honda — $11+ each, plus shipping.

Amazon was $8.84 + free shipping.

Ereplacement parts was $9 + shipping.

Zoro was $1.44 each + $5 shipping.  1 day delivery.  Ordered (4) at that price since the shipping was the same — and both me and our neighbor across the road would have a spare each on hand.  These are OEM Honda parts with the correct part number, new, and each in sealed plastic containers.

Very happy with Zoro for tools and such items.

Best, Fred

Received the
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

I'm looking at the Clauss site. There are a bunch of options. Do we like the Ti coated ones? Gary's look to be the 6 1/2 partially serrated pointed. I think I'll go with the blunt tip, otherwise I'll stab myself while underway!

The Man
Ronald Jones
"

Whit

Gents:

Not to be a cheapskate or anything, but I have bought several sets of the Rapala ones at WalMart ones over the years for a couple bucks a pop and they seem to work great. Use them for everything, especially braided line.  They are inexpensive enough where I keep one by the linewinders and one in every tackle box!

Whit

philaroman

Quote from: Ron Jones on November 12, 2021, 02:41:06 AM
...I think I'll go with the blunt tip, otherwise I'll stab myself while underway!

if not poking waders (or yourself) is high on list, kids' Fiskars will cut braid

bill19804

re:scissors   bass  pro  shop  has  seemingly identical ( Orange handles though) about 5  bucks   make  sure  the  blades  have  serrations  or  wont  do  well  on  braid.  mine  keep finding a  new  home too.

Cuttyhunker

Lee Fisher in Tampa has good ones cheap with a clip on scabbard.
Doomed from childhood