Mitchell 410 questions

Started by DON3099, November 20, 2021, 01:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DON3099

I have 2 Mitchell 410's. One I'm getting ready to pass along to someone. This one needs a plastic A/R dog, The schematic's I have show a metal type dog for the 410, I see the 410A shows the plastic type. Is it possible the 410A is also for this reel? I'm also looking for a bail bumper for the other 410. Fred ( foakes) you out there,,,LOL.

foakes

Yes, I have those (2) parts, Don —

I will send them out N/C.

Gotta love those plastic A/R dogs on Mitchells.

Guess they catch just mostly small fish in France.  😕😕😕

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

The purpose of the plastic dog was to quiet them down a little. Mitchells do have a reputation for being noisy. I don't think they gave much thought into what they were giving up. People have been complaining about those plastic dogs for years.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

All set to mail on Monday, Don —

New parts + a fresh A/R spring.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

DON3099

Thank you very much Fred!!! But I'll send you at least bait money ;)