Still trying for 50"

Started by Lunker Larry, October 28, 2021, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Man, you are goin at it right "the heavier gear allows you to land the fish faster". No telling how many released fish swim away only to die latter. Just a little hand squeeze of the upper body supposedly can cause internal organ damage.
Are you doin fork length or the tail tips? Obviously you ain't gonna round-up. As long as your method is consistent, you're right!

Do you think you'd get bit more by the big'uns with lighter leaders?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

broadway

I'm with Nelz, that's a 50! Congrats on a beauty of a fish, Larry.
Best,
Dom

Lunker Larry

Muskie don't pay attention to terminal tackle. They even hit trolling motors. We often troll with the rod tip in the water when there are a lot of floating weeds. Keeps them from going down the line and cowling the hook. Saw a go pro video where the muskie hit the rod tip in the water. Clear water. Dirty water. Doesn't matter.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Lunker Larry

Here's a couple picks of the body bait types we use.
The second photo are an example of what is being made by home bait makers.
I'm too cheap to buy these. Won them on prize tables over the years. lol
Enjoy the craftsmanship.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

Photo of a strike on 13" Believer

nelz

Quote from: Lunker Larry on November 01, 2021, 02:57:22 PMPhoto of a strike on 13" Believer

Wow, wicked-cool, a fresh-water 'cuda!  :o

Very nice lures.  Btw, I still kick myself over having sold my custom etched "Le Lure" Abu.  You know that name?

Cor

Well done, great fish!
Now for the final one.
Cornelis

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Lunker Larry

Quote from: nelz on November 01, 2021, 03:27:20 PM
Quote from: Lunker Larry on November 01, 2021, 02:57:22 PMPhoto of a strike on 13" Believer

Wow, wicked-cool, a fresh-water 'cuda!  :o

Very nice lures.  Btw, I still kick myself over having sold my custom etched "Le Lure" Abu.  You know that name?
It rings a bell but I think it was a long time ago.

Gfish

I applaud your fishing ethics, both the measuring and handling. So close... I knew some guys way back when that used to break a few vertebrae if a Stripper was just under the legal minimum limit. Then there was those people in Nor-Cal & Oregon that'ed get a no-keep wild Steelhead(no adipose fin-clip), hide it in their vehicle and take off.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!