West Coast Saltwater Fishing Show

Started by Tunanorth, January 29, 2022, 06:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

West Coasters will be sad to hear that the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach appears that it will be just a shadow of its former self this year.
Looks like the "great gathering" of saltwater anglers will be the Pacific Coast Sportfishing Show in Orange County, Feb. 18-20.
Even Tony Dubeck is coming out to be in the PENN booth for this event. Hint: Tony loves In-N-Out Burger!
With luck, even Alan will be able to come down from his Bay Area stronghold, and visit us in the south end of the state.

foakes

Thanks for letting us know, Steve!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

I'm planning to drive down for this one. Do you have any recommendations for a hotel? One that has a shuttle to the show would be nice.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tunanorth

Quote from: alantani on January 30, 2022, 04:08:53 PM
I'm planning to drive down for this one. Do you have any recommendations for a hotel? One that has a shuttle to the show would be nice.

Hmmm, not sure.
"The OC" has always just been "Drive by on the way to/from San Diego" country.
It will be awesome if you do make it!
This could potentially become "the" show for the next several years.
Smaller than FHS, ISE, etc, but catering "only" to saltwater fishing and boats.

Rocket Dog

Going to be there Saturday... unless I can play hooky from work.

Tunanorth

Looks like we may also have either Ben Joyce [reel product manager] "OR" Michael Bragg [rod product manager] in the booth; Pretty cool.
Not sure if they like In-N-Out Burger or not.
I will also have my "field-test" set of the upcoming Carnage III "West Coast" rod series; due to the clogged-up supply chain, my set is currently the only one available.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tunanorth

A photo of Alan, Tony Dubeck, and Ben Joyce together would indeed be historic!!

Tunanorth

The Show went great!
Crowds and exhibitors far exceeded expectations.
Photo of PENN Service Manager Tony Dubeck, Steve Carson, and Alan Tani.

thorhammer

MarkT

Quote from: Tunanorth on February 07, 2022, 10:06:07 PM
Looks like we may also have either Ben Joyce [reel product manager] "OR" Michael Bragg [rod product manager] in the booth; Pretty cool.
I will also have my "field-test" set of the upcoming Carnage III "West Coast" rod series; due to the clogged-up supply chain, my set is currently the only one available.

If they don't like In-N-Out send them back to Philly on a rail!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tunanorth

Quote from: MarkT on February 22, 2022, 03:56:08 AM
Quote from: Tunanorth on February 07, 2022, 10:06:07 PM

If they don't like In-N-Out send them back to Philly on a rail!

Neither one ended up making it out here, but [well known In-N-Out lover] Tony Dubeck got his fix personally from the show's management!