frozen lever click pin part # 1265098

Started by roadrunner, April 16, 2022, 04:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadrunner

Tony - need your assistance.  Servicing many Penn Fathom lever drag 2 speeds ( 15 XNLD2 up to 60LD2.  Similar set up for each lever but lever size can differ.

The pin is frozen in the lever ( aluminum bore hole) and has the spring and grease in the hole.

Can you give the best Penn trick for getting all to release and come out ?

Have used ultrasonic heat bath, various penetrating oils.  Have not done acetone/ATF mix but that is next. The reels were from a long range boat that did not service them for up to 3 years. :(

thank you for your help

alantani

probably a needs a new lever......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

Quote from: roadrunner on April 16, 2022, 04:13:30 AMTony - need your assistance.  Servicing many Penn Fathom lever drag 2 speeds ( 15 XNLD2 up to 60LD2.  Similar set up for each lever but lever size can differ.

The pin is frozen in the lever ( aluminum bore hole) and has the spring and grease in the hole.

Can you give the best Penn trick for getting all to release and come out ?

Have used ultrasonic heat bath, various penetrating oils.  Have not done acetone/ATF mix but that is next. The reels were from a long range boat that did not service them for up to 3 years. :(

thank you for your help

Yes it needs replaced

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tunanorth

Tony is traveling, he should be able to check in here later.

handi2

Is the clicker on the tail plate

It's a cheap design

They get stuck just like the Avet reels
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Penn

Roadrunner,

Aside from letting it soak for a few days with hopes it will free up, a replacement is most likely required. 

tony

roadrunner

Thank you for getting back to me. I will try one more solution of acetone and ATF and see if this works.  Then the order for new ones goes in.