Deep blue sea rod

Started by JasonGotaProblem, February 06, 2022, 06:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: steelfish on February 12, 2022, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on February 11, 2022, 08:37:26 PM
...Those singles  are fuji LDB guides. I ordered extra and did a torture test on one (I bent it) and the amount of force it took was remarkable compared to normal single footers.

I like that way of thinking, maybe because I was the same when going with single foot guides on my swimbait rod intended to be used as inshore casting rod, for running guides I used Fuji KB single foot which are pretty hard to bend, maybe harder than double foot guides of #6 size

I dont know if you ever saw this thread
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=33808.0

on another note, when I was using wood with V-cuts for the rod drier I put a strip of glued velcro tape all the way of the V-cut on the wood stand, that way you will never scratch or leave a mark on your blank for the 5hrs rotation on the same place of the blank.

Man I really thought I'd commented on that thread, she's a beauty. And that's a good idea with the Velcro tape. I was considering upgrading to a bit of weather stripping but that sounds better.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Jeri

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on February 13, 2022, 07:11:05 PM
So you're saying marble the guides too and gradient it away? Challenge accepted.

Not quite - where you have marbled under the guides, now marble all the guides' threadwork - but the trick is to get the 2 or 3 sets on marbling on each guide to look continuous, no distinct join.

Have done it on a project surf rod for someone, it took ages to match the marbling sections to perfection, but ended up looking like all the marbling had been done in one operation - and it wasn't with glitter, but colour streaks.