A couple of jigs up for review.

Started by gstours, November 28, 2021, 03:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

If I've had any success at all this year it's as always,  being at the right place at the right time.
  We all learn something from trying different things when fishing,   So here's some jigs I've been working on.    My fishing is bottom fish 🎣.
This zebra pattern did produce pretty good,  it's got white and dark contrast..   it's a medium type jig, not flat fall and not a clunker.

gstours

Another one is new for testing.  Is a very simple pattern.  Butt with contrast.

gstours

And now with less bling,   Dark color mostly.

gstours

From this we go a little heavy to the next size.   350 g.

gstours

This one is for the deep slack tide and about 480 grams.   This is something new in colors ,   It's dark down there and with recent information and science on my side an experiment is planned.
   The last picture is a jig molded and rigged backwards.   The back is heavy and the balance should be bottoms down when jigging?     The balance will be quite a bit different possibly?
   Anyway it's just another way to catch a ton of fish 🎣.    That's just another pipe dream 🤷‍♂️

gstours

The last one is an experiment to see if the weight balance in the aft will make any noticible difference when dropping .  Its the heaviest of the group actually.    Non of these really tangle on the line much,  if at all.   Slower drop seems to work for me.   My fishing is generally on uncrowded boats, and there,s no contest who can get down first.   
The mostly dark colors may be a better outline of the jig if the quarry is looking up.   Contrasting whites may be more visible from the side or forward as the fish becomes more interested.    The painting is crude yes,  butt the bottom doesn,t care.     Generally these will be rigged with 8-10/0 hooks,  one top assist and a back hook to hang some bait on.    Testing of these is planned for next year.    Happy Holidays. :)