Over the deep end ??

Started by Maxed Out, December 01, 2021, 01:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Nice and impressive mod. Definitely outta-the-box thinking. It reminds me, although, of "street legal" hot rods that are really cool in magazines or the show floor that also raise the question of how well do they go on an actual street...

Hope it fits your intended application well.

Ron Jones

In all honesty I think the intended application was to spark this conversation. Beings how we are on third page I would say it did well indeed.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Porthos

Quote from: Ron Jones on December 07, 2021, 02:41:48 AM
In all honesty I think the intended application was to spark this conversation. Beings how we are on third page I would say it did well indeed.
The Man

Perhaps it is a shelfie...given that one-piece frames were intended to eliminate the frame twist of stock Jigmasters, the wider posts of this mod embodies the complete opposite...

Ron Jones

I remember Sal twisted a frame with a scale once, and it took 22#s. It was a bigger stand than a Jigmaster, but still pretty telling. I have no doubt that is you clamped this reel to a rod it could take all the drag you would want to deal with.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"