Puerto Vallarta, Marlas Sportfishing, December 1-6, 2021

Started by alantani, December 01, 2021, 04:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoseCuervo

It almost looks like my friend, Dave, may already be fubar!

;D

Please bring home the fish men! Kill them for us.

Gfish

Alright! Can't wait for pic's n' vid's. Prolly a good time to go. Stupid variants.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ryan W

Good luck Alan, Mike and co!

Mike, kill something that swims on the bottom for me haha

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on December 01, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
Is the Southern expulsion due to Montezuma's revenge when you were South of the border?

Yes Fred.  Since 8 of 10 of us was affected I suspect it was a restaurant in San Jose where we picked up some bug.  The 2 of us that were not affected with the "Hershey Squirts" did not go to the restaurant.  The hotel has purified water and the purity is strictly controlled.  While I don't drink water out of the tap, I do have ice and fresh salads that have been washed in the hotel water.  I have dodged the brown bullet for 22 years.  It'll pass.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jgp12000

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rancanfish

Boy up here on top of my hill I miss ALL the excitement.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on December 02, 2021, 06:28:13 PM
Quote from: foakes on December 01, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
Is the Southern expulsion due to Montezuma's revenge when you were South of the border?

Yes Fred.  Since 8 of 10 of us was affected I suspect it was a restaurant in San Jose where we picked up some bug.  The 2 of us that were not affected with the "Hershey Squirts" did not go to the restaurant.  The hotel has purified water and the purity is strictly controlled.  While I don't drink water out of the tap, I do have ice and fresh salads that have been washed in the hotel water.  I have dodged the brown bullet for 22 years.  It'll pass.  Dominick

About 35 years ago — we had a Rotary Event out on the river at Coombs Ranch.  Nice August Saturday evening, Rib-eye steak dinner, dancing, etc..

The next day, my wife got really sick, I got sick later that day. 

I started checking with other members as I was writing our weekly newsletter on Monday morning.  Everyone who attended the dinner, and had the steak, instead of the chicken — got very ill.  Around 80 folks.

Turns out, the guy who picked up the cases of Rib-eyes decided it was OK to leave them in his garage for 24 hours before bringing them out to the event.  Unrefrigerated.  Guess he thought they would hold their cold in Fresno, in the middle of August — without any refrigeration. 

Funny thing was, it was one of the most tender and tasty steaks I ever had.

Illness lasted 2 or 3 days —

Hope you feel better soon, Dominick.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

As much as I hate antibiotics I started on ciprofloxacin. I need to be germ free for surgery on Wednesday. Dominick

Brewcrafter

Dominick- Wishing you best of thoughts for your current situation and most definitely for Wednesday as well Sir. - john

alantani

3 tuna - 144, 135, and 51. Really slow fishing. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain