Puerto Vallarta, Marlas Sportfishing, December 1-6, 2021

Started by alantani, December 01, 2021, 04:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan W

Looks like you guys (and your tequila!) Became Facebook stars.

Sucks to hear about the slow fishing, but good to hear you got a few fish to take home

Hardy Boy

Ben was telling me that you guys were not able to fish close to the island on this trip and that the other two boats (Apollo and ??) are no longer fishing there. Whats up with that ? When we went we were on the beach in shallow water.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

my friends were on the next trip and they caught 20.  i guess we just suck.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

MarkT

Sounds like a good trip! The boat didn't sink, no one died or went to jail, you ate and drank too much and even caught a few fish... what's to complain about?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

stoked4fishin

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on December 11, 2021, 01:43:58 AM
Sounds like a good trip! The boat didn't sink, no one died or went to jail, you ate and drank too much and even caught a few fish... what's to complain about?

Totally agree!

Wally15

It was a good trip. Except for catching fish! And misplacing $4-500. I'm beginning to think I'm the "unlucky charm" on the NTNC. I haven't caught a tuna on my last 4 trips to PV. Did catch a 10' sailfish and some decent bottom fish.
I had great success on my 1st few trips down there (on the Marla IV) including a supercow. I guess I wore out my luck.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Hardy Boy

Don't get me wrong, fishing is fishing, we take the good with the bad and enjoy the experience. My question was more about what is/ may be going on with the restriction around fishing near the islands. It sounds like the Navy is actually enforcing the closed zone now and not letting the boats close to the beach anymore. Is that true ?? Is that why the Apollo stopped going there? It might not be a bad thing if they did stop all the long lines that were fishing there.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

Yeah, I'm not really sure.  The guys right after us caught alot of smaller fish,  60 to 150 pounds.  It might just be a matter of someone just being really bad luck!!!

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure.  The guys right after us caught alot of smaller fish,  60 to 150 pounds.  It might just be a matter of someone just being really bad luck!!!
I resemble that remark!  ;D ;D
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Fishemup

alantani