Shimano Ocea Jigger

Started by Bloggsy, December 02, 2021, 09:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloggsy

Hi I have a mates Ocea pulled apart for service and the parts listing schematic says that the one way clutch roller Part No. TGT1891 and bearing Part No. TGT2273 cannot be replaced by the customer contact the service department  and yet the part numbers are listed with prices. So what do they mean by this? Also where would be the best place to buy parts to be sent to Australia?

redsetta

Hi mate, have replied to your PM.
I should be able to send you these parts.
Will check price and availability once I hear back from  ya.
With the pin and ARB being press-fit, Shimano will just be trying to avoid punters damaging their flagship overheads attacking them with hammers or vices... ;) :D
There are also pin-removal tools (and guidance on making one at home) available on Alan's site that are really handy in these situations.
All the best, Justin
PS That part number should be TGT2891
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bloggsy

Oh sorry about the mis number yes my mistake . I have managed to purchase the bearings that I need from Plaig Bearings In Victoria. When I first looked on their web site there was no listing for the clutch bearing amongst their Shimano listings but when I sent them the dimensions along with a photo they were able to identify it $15.00 AU.
I also was able to remove the bearings with no problem whatsoever as you say they probably think that some people may damage the reel in doing so.
So thanks for your offer of assistance it was much appreciated.
Cheers
John

redsetta

Nice one John.
Good to make your acquaintance.
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer