Pacific Queen 1.5 day April 15-17th, 2022.....Anyone wanna join me???

Started by pjstevko, December 03, 2021, 04:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on January 25, 2022, 04:11:00 PM
Well, I have a UC RGP Predator 76 on order to use for 60#!

My 8' GP Predator is my 60# rod!

I can't wait for this trip!

pjstevko

Just a heads up for anyone on this trip.....

If you call ahead you can reserve a specific bunk or stateroom if you and a friend wanna share a room....

pjstevko

Less than a month to go! Time to start going through your gear, servicing your reels and order/buy what ever gear you need.....

I'm all set on most gear but need to rig up my knife jigs. If you don't have any heavy (400/500g) knife jigs make sure you buy a couple before the trip and be sure to upgrade the rings and hooks. Or you buy from the guy Alan recommended here and not have to upgrade anything

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=34754.0

Also be sure to call and make a reservation with a fish processor for same day service...

Super stoked for this trip and can't wait to fish with you guys!

Pj

MarkT

With what's been going on lately I'd be ready for yo-yo YT and rockfish! I wouldn't be assuming a BFT trip... but you can hope!

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on March 20, 2022, 01:03:09 AMWith what's been going on lately I'd be ready for yo-yo YT and rockfish! I wouldn't be assuming a BFT trip... but you can hope!

I'm completely fine with yt and rockfish and who knows what's going to happen in the next month.

Plus getting your bft jigs ordered now and you won't have to worry about it later in the summer when there isn't any in stock!

pjstevko

Bluefin season 2022 has started! Now that the Polaris Supreme has found biting bft and more and more boats are fishing it's game on!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Looks like that was a good call scheduling that early season trip PJ!  The Pacific Queen is and always has been one of the fishiest boats in the fleet.  I hope that you knock 'em dead!

pjstevko

The PS returned to the dock this morning with 110 bft!!! What an great start to the season!!!!!

Jim Fujitani

Not quite PJ! Got a spot, I guess someone cancelled. I am in!
Looking forward fishing with you fellas!
Juan
[/quote]

Good luck, Juan!!  I hope you get a chance to max out that Baja Special you got from me (assuming you take it along, it's perfect for early season trips.)

Jim

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

bchen

MarkT

I reserved bunk 49.  I'll bring my UC US 76hp for you to check out!

I think I'll bring:

20# Fathom 12/OC Rods Kaiuli 86mf mag
30# Avet SX Raptor/UC Tilefish Jr
40# Avet JX 6/3/UC US 76HP
50# Avet JX Raptor/UC Predator 76
100# Avet HXW/Okuma pch-c-74xxxh

pjstevko

My set-ups are as follows....

Fathom 15ld2 on a PCH 801H= 25/30# bait
Speedmaster 12ii on a PCH801XH= 40# bait
Speedmaster 16ii on a UC GP Predator= 60# bait, sinker rig, yo-yo
Fathom 40nld2 on a PCH 741XXH= daytime flat fall, yo-yo
Mak 16ii on a PCH 741XXXH= 80/100# flat fall

Saragosa 10,000 on a Black Hole Challenger Bank 801H= 40-60# irons, snipers and poppers