Golden Gate Bridge report

Started by the rockfish ninja, December 04, 2021, 01:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Those only have one eye per side .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Maxed Out

Good "eye" Henry. Halibut are born with an eye on each side. As they grow, one eye migrates across to the other side, and that's when they start living on bottom.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 06, 2021, 03:39:06 AM
Good "eye" Henry. Halibut are born with an eye on each side. As they grow, one eye migrates across to the other side, and that's when they start living on bottom.

Yepper I knew dis.

What I wanna see is a Hybrid with two eyes on each side of its body.
I bet they are much harder to catch though with that SuperVision. ::)

Kinda like this but completely different

gstours

And if your about to lose your bet?   It can take maybe even more than a glance. ;)
They have one row of teeth on both jaws with large canines in the front. Their anal fin has 49 to 59 anal rays; their caudal fin is small, short, wide, and significantly doubly concave (a key to quick identification); and, their dorsal fin begins over the upper eye and has 66 to 76 rays. They have 25 to 32 gill rakers. Their eye side is covered with rough scales and their blind side with smooth scales. Their lateral line is arched and extends onto the head and branches toward the top eye and below the lower eye.
  Generally the tail (caudal) on the Cali Hali is fairly narrow and has sort of a notch (indent) on the top and bottom of the fin,   the northern Pacific has a v in the tail, and is not as square across. .   Interesting possibly,  It has been observed observed that right-eyed fish has diminished body depths versus left-eyed fish.
  Both species of fish are very good eating,  I,m glad you made "just one more cast" :P

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 06, 2021, 04:31:28 AM

[/quote]

Give them what they want and all they do is ask for more.  ::)

You requested "eyes on each side" not a freak of nature, you have to fish Lake Chernobyl or the Fukushima coast for something like that.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on December 06, 2021, 05:42:51 AM
Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 06, 2021, 04:31:28 AM

Give them what they want and all they do is ask for more.  ::)

You requested "eyes on each side" not a freak of nature, you have to fish Lake Chernobyl or the Fukushima coast for something like that.
[/quote]

Nope I used the Plural Eyes  notated in Green below not an Eye and the four eyed fish I posted was caught in Australia and maybe it Swam from California and got affected by Cornelius Force . ;D

Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 06, 2021, 01:01:58 AM
Quote from: the rockfish ninja on December 05, 2021, 09:23:35 PM
After talking with a couple of the commercial Halibut captains at the Wharf they confirm almost exactly what some of the fish ID websites say. Even though they are from the left eye family, about 40% have right sided eyes, the very same number from the DFG website.

I still have never seen one, I better go out and start jigging around to find one.

I would like to see one with Eyes on Both Sides ::)   ::)