daiwa saltiga 6500 exp service

Started by trishul, January 26, 2012, 03:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

hi toni i belive u can take them apart however the 4500 is a bit diffrent in the sense that the emergency antireverse is diffrent,, i belive the catalinas are just as good more or less the same maybe a few bearings less, im not sure bout changing the bushings but im sure u can upgrade with higher quality ceramic bearings, i have just updated mine with ctex washers, and more recently an som kit and a jm power arm with a jm knob when u taking yours apart just take care and be gentle cheers

triumphrick

Awesome!! I have a saltist 5000 that has befuddled me. The internal anti reverse spring came off as it was coming apart, and I had no clue how to re-assemble.

Thanks so much for the tutorial...it helped immensely!!

saltydog

Thanks for the tutorial it was very helpful.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

trishul

Fatcow

great job,  thanks for putting in the time to do this.  Is the daiwa dogfight pretty much made the same way?  (older version dogfight)  It seems very similar.

trishul

hi the d0g fight i belive is made in the same way but the pini0n and main gears must be diffrent as it has a higher gear rati0.

sportex m

hi, i have some problems with daiwa saltiga 4500 Z . did enyone can help me?

trishul

Hi Sportex

i have replied to your message pls check it out. will be happy to help you.

Best rgds
Trishul

sportex m

this is my reel. i think it is 2010 model

sportex m

the handle sometimes in cold weather going back. clutch failed. (sorry, i dont talk english good)

Wolli

Seems the oneway clutch is greased and not oiled. Same happened with a reel i had for service.
Degrease the clutch and oil with a low temperature oil or let in dry in times of cold temperatures.

For the gear and bearings i can recommend MOLYKOTE® 33 EXTREME LOW TEMP. BEARING GREASE, LIGHT or MEDIUM. Not cheap the stuff, but proven in arctic temperatures.
www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/?Ntt=MOLYKOTE%2b33%2bEXTREME%2bLOW%2bTEMP%2bBEARING%2bGREASE%2bLIGHT&N=0&Ntx=mode+MatchAllPartial&WT.svl=4&Nty=1&DCCTC=true&Ntk=ProductFinder_en
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

sportex m

ok. thanks for help. if i understand you, i must clean the roller clutch and put some grease?

trishul

No grease just very lightly oil it

Maixtrail

Hi Trishul I am trying to upgrade my saltige 6500Z to 6500H, can you please guide on how can I do it by myself. I already order the main gear shaft for the conversion, can I just removed only the body cover to change the gear without removing the rotor?
Do you a step by step photo on how to disassemble this reel?  Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

trishul

hi sorry for the late reply,  i have never tried doing such a conversion my self but if i was to do it id remove the rotor first so i can open the main body, then just be extra sure id change the main gear, pinion gear, ociliation gear and idle gear,  basically id change all the gears personally if doing such a conversion reason being what you intend to do is to change the gear ratio and i would imagine all the gears in the reel would need to be replaced with the higher gear ratio ones.

hope that helps
cheers
Trishul