I caught a fish once

Started by jurelometer, December 16, 2021, 01:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on December 19, 2021, 07:13:59 PM
Ricardo Aripez, my Capitano in Los Cabos told me he has a friend that knows how to cook jacks.  I will try to find out the secret.  Dominick

Dom, some pangueros and captains just eat everything from the sea, dont try to follow their way ;D ;D ;D

with said, When I went to Puerto Vallarta to a family vacation some cyber-friends from a Mexico-fishing forum took me for a morning of surf fishing for Rooster (PV has prime zone for surf fishing for rooster) anyway, we didnt caught a Rooster that day but caught many Jack Crevalles or Jurel Toro, most were C&R but they wanted to keep some to prepare a local dish because they wanted to prepare it for yours truly and my family, they called it "Tahitiana" or Tahiti style sashimi, they used a lot of dark bottled sauces, fresh chiles, spicy peppers, etc, etc and some secret species, so the secret sauce was dark and spicy and they just covered the fish that was already in a big plate on normal sashimi cuts and sauce perfectly covered the strong flavor of the Crevalle meat, with your favorite wine on every bite you can bet it was a tasty meal.

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

The secret ........................ you just have to be hungry enough !!!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd