TV Reels

Started by nelz, December 27, 2021, 01:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

Don't know about y'all, but I find it so dang cool when I see vintage tackle being used on old TV shows and movies. We all know about the old Hemingway movies, but today I spotted a nice old baitcaster on The Munsters TV show. I admit, that show cracks me up big time!  ;D ;D ;D

"Maybe tomorrow I'll catch me up an omlette or a pizza or something" says Herman. lol. Catch it if you can:

Grandpa's Call of the Wild
Season 1, Episode 16

Sharkb8

Fred Gwynne bottom left

Kim

nelz

philaroman

who's upper left...  Nikita?  ;D

Swami805

Rockford Files had some cool fishing scenes once and awhile. Kind of ghetto fishing off Malibu and Paradise Cove pier
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Wompus Cat

Looks like Herman has a Pflueger with the Cub Kit on it .
1313 Mockingbird Lane . Watch it every day pretty much after the Adams Family , then later Green Acres.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Quote from: philaroman on December 27, 2021, 03:28:41 AM
who's upper left...  Nikita?  ;D

Alf Dean Shark Catcher Extraordinaire

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Sharkb8

Sorry I come from the land down under next time I will stand on my head and take the photo  ;D

Kim

Paul Roberts

:D I actually remember seeing that episode, way back when. That was a funny scene.

1badf350

In the 1944 movie "To Have and Have Not" with Humphrey Bogart, we see what appears to be a door knob handle first gen 9/0.

Watch the clip here. You can move backwards and forwards to see the previous/next clips. They are only a second or two long

https://y.yarn.co/0f944e43-9bb4-46c0-9882-a69ffa2ca176.mp4
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Gfish

Cool. Looks like his client is a hook-up "have not".
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Not a vintage reel, but I just saw my Okuma Helios on one of those drug commercials, lol. They were trout fishing with it.  ::) Btw, it's one of the best reels I've ever owned!  ;D

JoseCuervo

I was watching The Goonies the other night.. When Chunk calls the sheriff, the sheriff is playing with a red Penn reel at his desk, maybe a #9?

UKChris1

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 03, 2022, 01:16:23 PM
In the 1944 movie "To Have and Have Not" with Humphrey Bogart, we see what appears to be a door knob handle first gen 9/0.

I am not sure but it might be a 12/0 rather than a 9/0. I'm going on the fact that the star wheel of the drag appears to have six spokes rather than five. Either way, I too love spotting old gear in the films.

nelz

Just watched Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Season 1 Episode 5. A guy's wearing a fishing hat full of lures, says he's going "fly fishing". Later on they show a close-up of the hat, full of bass plugs and spinner lures, and he's using a baitcaster, holds on to the handle as he's casting it too. Has anybody ever fished in that bunch? Absolutely clueless! LOL  ;D