Snow Chains

Started by Bill B, December 28, 2021, 12:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Long story short.....we bought our house from the family of the original builder/owner....to say he was the ultimate scrounger, recycler , carpenter, plumber, and a Lineman with SoCal Edison, would be an understatement.  During our final walk-through there was LOTS of stuff left behind and we told them to leave it ALL!  It's been a godsend.  Needed breakers for the breaker box- off to the shop and there were plenty.  Needed plumbing fittings for a leaky faucet- off to the shop and the replacement fittings were there.  Needed snow chains- you guessed it- off to the garage and there hanging on the wall were the exact size needed for my F350 diesel truck.  Mr.Miller was a product of the depression era and I thank him every time I need something and there it is...guess we are all part Mr. Miller in some respect the way we keep bringing these old reels back to life.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Gfish

Cool!
I never throw anything away, unless it's beyond redemption and can't be used for anything else.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

Nice.  I am just about ready to dig mine out myself.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oc1

I'm going to show this thread to my wife.  She just doesn't get it.

Benni3

Very cool and you made it work,,,,,  ;D

Bill B

Quote from: oc1 on December 28, 2021, 03:50:18 AM
I'm going to show this thread to my wife.  She just doesn't get it.

Steve would you believe he was a fisherman, found a mint 109 and box and a DQ 331N box only

Gfish

All metal scissors, even the handles. About to be tossed by a friend that's moving. Removed most of the corrosion and got the blade to smoothly cut paper, except the last 3/8" at the tip.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

That's what I'm talking' about!  Bill

Dominick

Hah!  Easy to put those old fashioned chains on in the garage.  We used to lie down in the snow to put those on trucks, back in the day.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

It's 70, with NO wind and only two other boats I could see in my 15 mile view. Ya'll have at the snow.

Paul Roberts

Lol... We just moved across country, and I chucked almost all of that "stuff". Too much to move. My wife applauded. Do I miss it? Every day! "Gotta run to the hardware store again."  ::)