My first wahoo

Started by Jbarrett, December 30, 2021, 02:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbarrett

A while back, my Daiwa SLD30ii handle seized up so I sent it to Alan for a power handle upgrade. It's killed a few fish since then, but my first wahoo is definitely my favorite of them all! Caught the week before Halloween crossing the Gulf of Mexico from Mobile to Key West @12 knots, about 400 feet of water.

CooldadE

Nice one ! I hope one day to have one on the end of my tight line...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

MarkT

WTG! Wahoo are my favorite fish!  On my 1st 10 day we went to the Alijos Rocks and I caught 3 Wahoo! Two bucket list items checked off on one trip! I gave one to the only guy on the trip who didn't catch one... the only time I've ever given away a Wahoo! 'Hoo and grouper are the tops for eating.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Big one,,,,, ;) and great eating too,,,,,,, ;D

conchydong

Nice, I bet the crew ate good that night. BTW Welcome to the forum.

Scott

Cor

Great fish, they not here where I stay.   Once tried for them unsuccessfully in WA.

Welcome on board!
Cornelis

DougK

excellent !

I have caught one (1) wahoo.. in the sea of cortez, off a panga chartered for tuna. We were surrounded by schools of dolphin (mammal) and tuna, caught a few tuna, then I hooked something unbelievably fast. The line was peeling off astern while a fish jumped way off to my right.. which turned out to be the wahoo, moving fast.. it was terrific.