Newell 500 Aluminum Sideplate?

Started by jjdbike, January 07, 2022, 01:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdbike

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been around here. I hope everyone is safe and well.

Can anyone please bring me up to speed on the existence and availability of aluminum side plates for Newell 500?

I also messaged Bryan Young, but I don't know if he is still doing custom Newell work. I love what he did with my 300 & 400's.

Any info is appreciated! Thank you in advance!
JD

Swami805

I hope so, I have a few 500's I've been keeping on ice in case they  get made. Be a great addition to the Newell line up
Do what you can with that you have where you are

jjdbike

Yes me too.
The last I heard, and this was from several years ago, there was a problem making the 500 due to the size of the gears.
I'm hoping that issue has been resolved.
Let's hope.
If I hear back from Bryan, I'll let you know. I wonder if anyone else is working on this type of thing?
Best regards!
JD

jjdbike

Quote from: Swami805 on January 07, 2022, 01:57:40 PM
I hope so, I have a few 500's I've been keeping on ice in case they  get made. Be a great addition to the Newell line up
Hey Swami,
I just heard back from Bryan about the 500's side plates. He said the prototypes are done but he hasn't had time for the mechanical fit test. He says he has a ton of reels to service and is very busy. I suppose that's what happens when you're the best :)
Said he hoped to get back to it by April.
Good news, but we'll need to continue to wait.
Best regards!
JD

Swami805

Monofil

Good Morning and Happy New Year . I'm really lookin forward to those Newell 500 Side plates.
Please keep me posted
 Thank you
Monofil

Bryan Young

hahahaha, so am I.  Tom is running with this as I have other priorities. 

I believe he is still trying to look for a polisher and anodizer that will do great work.  Nothing half done with Tom.  It has to be great or it's a no go.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Swami805

The light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter!  I just checked Tiburons website, looks like it's not quite done with pictures and discriptions or maybe it's my phone

SantaBarbarian

Any updates on the 500 sideplates?

Gary

Bryan Young

Let me check with Tom. I'm supposed to visit with him next week.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SantaBarbarian

Thanks Bryan, I'd be interested in 2.