Acrylic Handle Grips

Started by Cortez_Conversions, January 11, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjones

These look amazing!! Looking forward to getting a red one for my XN jigmaster
Rob

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Here's to finding a polish solution, we need more of these!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Swami805

So awesome!  I can see it now, building reels to match the handles, a whole new rabbit hole
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

Rancanfish

Holy Cow.  I just checked those out.  Tom doesn't play around.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Glos

It`s all fun and thrillic until it gets too slippery or sticky, depending on conditions.
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

broadway

Slippery or sticky? I don't think that's an issue. As a matter of fact I know it's not. I've used one from Sal and it was a treat. If you have baby hands and can't reach around the grip than it might be an issue but if you grab it like any other reel handle it feels lovely and looks even better.
I gotta get me a couple of these babies.
Thanks for making these available, Tom!!
Sal always said these were hellacious to produce... now I know why!
Best
Dom

Maxed Out

Just put these knobs on 3 reels and they are spectacular. I can't post a pic, or you all would be drooling about now !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

Here ya Go Folks !

They is Some Kind of PURDY Fo SHO

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

No more or less grippy than stock knobs on Sealines or Senators, but larger for a better grip for sure, and certainly a lot higher on the aesthetic end.

fishloco8

Is there any chance that smaller custom barrel size knobs will be made? Like the acrylic/plastic ones found on older penn 24-66/55/56 handles? I do a lot of flylining and iron chucking with my squidders and jigmasters and would be interested in the smaller knobs similar to the original ones. I just find the original barrel knobs so comfortable and I'm not a big fan of the newer round type when i comes to smaller knob options.

-Oops got to excited and posted before reading the entire original post (only 3/0 and 5/0 knobs being made). Well, if Tom or someone does decide make smaller "T" or barrel knobs, I'd be all over it!

PrinceAlbertLure

I do some woodworking/resin casting and have been trying to locate the internals to make this work.
A brass/SS sleeve can be inserted into my part, but I cannot a kit for the shaft with washers, etc.
I have ZERO urge to make/sell any for anyone but myself and my immediate family.
Do you have any recommendations to locate the internals, or could I purchase some from you?
I have some cherrywood from a tree that fell at my father's home.
As a gift, I would love to stabilize, and turn on the lathe for a knob.

Can any one be of help?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: PrinceAlbertLure on January 27, 2022, 09:34:17 PM
I do some woodworking/resin casting and have been trying to locate the internals to make this work.
A brass/SS sleeve can be inserted into my part, but I cannot a kit for the shaft with washers, etc.
I have ZERO urge to make/sell any for anyone but myself and my immediate family.
Do you have any recommendations to locate the internals, or could I purchase some from you?
I have some cherrywood from a tree that fell at my father's home.
As a gift, I would love to stabilize, and turn on the lathe for a knob.

Can any one be of help?

PM sent.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal