Is there a tool for this type of handle?

Started by Lunker Larry, January 16, 2022, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Lunker Larry

Great and thanks. I think I'll make one
cool
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

Quote from: oldmanjoe on January 17, 2022, 10:47:22 PM
  Another thought  , you might be able to use your snap ring pliers in a pinch .

I've used snap ringers, but I have angled sets of mini and small diameter needle noses that I usually use. Have to be careful not to let them pop out, though.

There's a couple of interesting sets on that Amazon link.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Lunker Larry

Quote from: oldmanjoe on January 17, 2022, 10:47:22 PM
 Another thought  , you might be able to use your snap ring pliers in a pinch .
    https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-941456-Combo-Switch-Pliers/dp/B07M87HNXH/ref=sr_1_23?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&keywords=Snap-Ring+Pliers&qid=1642478500&s=power-hand-tools&sr=1-23&ts_id=553326
That's what I've been using but came across one that will not come off and thought I should get the proper tool.

wussero

I bought an adjustable spanner wrench.  I am convinced they are perminately fixed.  I couldnt get it for the life of me.  Anyone else run into this as well?

Reminds me of wheels i had on my truck.  Thet were security torques.  Later I found it was just for looks.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Lunker Larry on January 16, 2022, 07:12:33 PM
Had trouble taking the handle screw cap on a few Daiwa reels. Is there a tool out there for this? Distance between holds is 5/16 center to center. You can zoom in on the handle end in the link below.

https://www.amazon.ca/Daiwa-LX-HD300H-P-Lexa-Baitcasting-6CRBB/dp/B07VGVC9YJ/ref=asc_df_B07VGVC9YJ/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459514535684&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17212504818255327441&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000694&hvtargid=pla-888221293871&th=1&psc=1

Thanks all
LL

If you NEED a tool like that very often as in 4 or 5 times an hour then spend some Bux and get a Proper Tool otherwise put a couple of same size Drift Punches in the holes or Finishing Nails then set them in a vise and you have you an  adjustable STABLE REMOVAL THINGA MA JIGGER A BOB.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Lunker Larry

oc1

It should be reverse threads on a right-handed reel.  That prevents the screw from loosening when you crank the handle under load.

Donnyboat

Hi LL, has anyone explained to you that you remove the screw, then take the locking plate of, then as Steve said, it could be left hand thread or right, a good quality shifter should do it, or a ring spanner, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Lunker Larry

It's the cap on the end of knob. I remove them all the time usually. It's not fastened to the handle.

Daiwa provides a tool in the reel box to remove the knob cap. The knob is made by Winn who also makes the tool.

Lunker Larry

This I'll have to look into. Never came across anything like that when provided a reel with the box.
Thanks

nelz

I made a tool like this by filing the tips of an old pair of needle-nose pliers. You can then carefully bend the tips to the proper angle. Works great, $0 spent.  ;D