Is there a tool for this type of handle?

Started by Lunker Larry, January 16, 2022, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Hmmm, the Lexa has gone from $200+, to $300+ in about 7 years. Wondering if the quality has gone-up or down... Prolly has more features now.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Quote from: Gfish on May 05, 2022, 02:46:12 PMHmmm, the Lexa has gone from $200+, to $300+ in about 7 years. Wondering if the quality has gone-up or down... Prolly has more features now.
The latest one has been heavily jazzed up, including t wing for both musky guys and the low profile saltwater craze. I have the 300WN but now relegate it to backup replacing it with the new Tatula 300.

boon

Quote from: Gfish on May 05, 2022, 02:46:12 PMHmmm, the Lexa has gone from $200+, to $300+ in about 7 years. Wondering if the quality has gone-up or down... Prolly has more features now.

They are a very nice reel. I've owned both the older 300 and a newer Lexa HD 300HS-P. Drag performance is exceptional and frankly excessive for a reel that size, good cast control, nice handle for a reel that size, and they have proven reasonably robust. The 300HS-P is starting to feel just a little bit geary but it has been fished weekly for maybe 2 years now with a total of one comprehensive service and has caught several fish that had no place being landed by a 300-sized baitcaster.

The newer one looks/feels (in the shop) even better, but it has become a seriously expensive reel rather than a strong mid-priced model.

Lunker Larry

boon. The older Lexa's had an issue with the AR pawl. You said your reel was feeling Geary. I'd open it up and check the pawl. 20190905_104255.jpg
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

boon

Good intel, thanks. I'll pop the side off and check it.