Main Menu

Fires & heat

Started by Donnyboat, January 24, 2022, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

We reed in the papers that California is still having fires raging, it must be almost winter over there ay.

We on the West coast of Australia, Perth city, just had 6 days of 40 C temperature, it is a record, for us. it gets a bit uncomfortable after a couple of very hot nights.

They have also caught a fire bug over here, he was a member of a Voltaire fire brigade, attention seekers ay. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Donnyboat on January 24, 2022, 05:50:41 PM

They have also caught a fire bug over here, he was a member of a Voltaire fire brigade, attention seekers ay. cheers Don.

Happens more often than most people want to admit. Many are thrill seekers. SMH  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Cool fire brigade name. Wasn't he some genius French philosopher?
Yup. The fire season seems to be getting later every year in California. I went on one years ago in the Pikes Peak Nat. Forest, 300K+ acres, started by the Fire Prevention Officer. Many cabin properties burned-up, and 2- firefighters died in a vehicle accident. The unfortunate FPO got an arson, and a homicide charge.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Yes thrill seekers for sure, on the other hand, in central south Australia, & a little further south, they had a large upper air disturbance, one property had 150Mls in 3 hours, since last friday they have had 220mls, Australia has many events, considering from the West  coast to the East coast is approx 2.5 to 3000 miles, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Just after I made this post, there is a place near Townsville North East coast of Queensland had 520mm in two days,almost 26 inches.
     Now Broome in Western Australia, have had 560 mm in 3 day, some of this rain is moving from NW to Se right through Australia, many of the roads & rail, is washed out, in central Australia. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Further update on the rain in Australia, South east Queensland  north east New South wales, over the last week, have had endless rains, one place in QLD, registered 1.6 M over 4 days, many other places getting over 1m, many of the rivers are flooding,  they are releasing water out of the resiviors, but when the tide is coming in the water is spreading very wide, flooding houses  shops, the water has receeded in one area by 6 M,  there is a quad bike hanging from the power lines, there also forcasting another 100 mm over night. nine lives have been lost.
      Also the Kimberley is about to get its first cyclone for the wet season, not far from Broome, although Broome did get a big rain from an upper air dissturbance, I think they had over half a metre then, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Whoa, dude! Fire and flood producing rain. Bad combination. This might add more trouble to the already hurting economy...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

It's been wicked down there lately, Donny! You be careful!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Donnyboat

Thanks Tommy, we are on the West coast of Australia, quite safe around here, I see, brisbane in QLD, had another 80mls in about 2 hours again today, water rushing every were again, with a lot of erosion, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat