My 1st Steelhead trip is coming soon.

Started by Wally15, February 24, 2022, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Nice going Peaches... that ain't no Walleye!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Fished N fork of Umpqua. Caught 3 Steelhead today, and two small Cutthroat. All c&r. Wx was very good. 62 high, brief shower, not much wind. All 3 Fish are very different. Constant sometimes heavy rain forecast next 2 days. At least the temps will be in the 50's.
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Jimmer

Beautiful trout Mike, what an awesome trip!  -  Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Gfish

Nice! 2-chromer lady's and a big male startin to get some color. Glad you didn't get rained out early-on. They look like wild fish(have the adipose fin intact), godda let 'em go...What'ed they eat?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

90%+ of the steelhead in the north fork are wild.  The south fork drainage has most of the hatchery fish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Nice Mike. I hope you were using a single action center pin reel !! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

El Pescador

Quote from: MarkT on February 28, 2022, 09:24:58 PM
Nice going Peaches...

Wally, I'm not up to speed on this, BUTT why PEACHES?????

The North Fork of the Umpqua River is TOPS for the most beautiful river I've ever fished.

I've spent my time south of where you are, most of my steelhead fishing has been on the Elk River, using the steelblue Lodge as my base camp.   It is on the Elk River, 7 miles upstream from Port Orford, OR.

Have also fished the Sixes and Coquille rivers.  A dozen trips or so with my sons over the years.  I should post those photos.

There is still NO BETTER photo than a GRIP and GRIN  ;D Photo!!!   Looks like a great trip for you.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

foakes

Thanks for the report and photos, Mike —

I took the liberty of re-orienting and straightening the (1) photo that was sideways.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Quote from: El Pescador on March 01, 2022, 04:40:22 PM

Wally, I'm not up to speed on this, BUTT why PEACHES?????

Mike lives in Georgia, Georgia is known for peaches, we could call him worse but the rules here do not allow it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Quote from: El Pescador on March 01, 2022, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: MarkT on February 28, 2022, 09:24:58 PM
Nice going Peaches...

Wally, I'm not up to speed on this, BUTT why PEACHES?

We like Mike! He's actually a Tarheel living in Georgia... you can't always control what you do for love but he's a peach about it none the less!

He probably holds it against me for tagging with Peaches but I'm sure it's better than other things he's been called in the last!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Looks like fun, those fish look like rockets
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Look like your having a good time Mike, thanks for taking us along, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

now thats how a planned fishing trip needs to be.
The Baja Guy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!