My 1st Steelhead trip is coming soon.

Started by Wally15, February 24, 2022, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Like This ????
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

Ah a bit north of me.  Classic last pic, lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Wally15

Finally made it home about 1 AM Saturday morning. Scrinch gave me a ride to the Medford airport on his way to CA. Keta drove over (through the snow) from Klamath Falls to join us for breakfast.
He's on a diet so he only ordered one pancake. I've been trying to teach him how to use a fork, but he can't seem to "grasp" the concept.
GA Mike

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Gfish

HA! Keta looks like he can handle all them calories just fine. Lookin good Lee.
Randy, the Chetco! Don't miss-out. I've only fished it twice but it's wild and scenic and a close relative in many ways to the Smith R. in Calie.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rancanfish

'Thru the snow' is why I changed my mind and went west lol.

G is there a place you haven't beat me to?  I may be able to fish soon.

I slashed in a driveway across the slope behind my house to join the top so I have a round-about now. My driveway has consumed me since I got here. I lost count at about 100 yards of rock and gravel. Knocked down 21+ trees, built a pumphouse, ran 4" drainage everywhere.

Burned thru a bunch of greenbacks. Boat motor is next! (I hope).

Keta

I have lived in "snow country" most of my life and usually deal with it,   up untill the week before I drove over the pass to visit the steelheaders.... the "worse" previous snow drive was 300 miles on packed snow/ice in a blizzard.  The trip over was only 20 or so miles on packed snow  on the way home it rained on the packed snow then froze.  Trucks were chaining up in the road  a empty log truck stopped in front of me then after coming to a stop slid back and to the left into the oncoming lane. The only thing that saved me was I was doing the same thing.  Trucks jacknifed in the ditches andwat looked like a fatal accident about 10 miles from KF.  16 miles of hell.  Worse than the 40 mile drive on black ice a few years ago because going off the road would be a 500-800 foot drop.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Wow Lee.  One of the last trips up while moving I recognized the black ice from my days in Nebraska when I was a yout. Saw two overturned vehicles that had passed me earlier. One looked like it was fatal. I didn't look.

scrinch

Quote from: Keta on March 12, 2022, 01:05:53 AMI have lived in "snow country" most of my life and usually deal with it,  up untill the week before I drove over the pass to visit the steelheaders.... the "worse" previous snow drive was 300 miles on packed snow/ice in a blizzard.  The trip over was only 20 or so miles on packed snow  on the way home it rained on the packed snow then froze.  Trucks were chaining up in the road  a empty log truck stopped in front of me then after coming to a stop slid back and to the left into the oncoming lane. The only thing that saved me was I was doing the same thing.  Trucks jacknifed in the ditches andwat looked like a fatal accident about 10 miles from KF.  16 miles of hell.  Worse than the 40 mile drive on black ice a few years ago because going off the road would be a 500-800 foot drop.

Geez, Lee, I'm glad you made it home okay. I didn't realize it got that bad. Heading south I had to drive through just a bit of snow on the pass, but nothing dangerous at all.