Halibut fishing on the Maiko

Started by gstours, March 16, 2022, 09:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is a little clip of some fun we had not too long ago.  The person in the film assisting was a neighbor guy that wanted to ride along.  He recently died of pancreatic cancer of which nobody deserves to be a victom of.  This is a salute to him and fitting here as he loved to fish as well.
  We were anchored on a slope that has produced some good fish this day,  the weather was damp butt calm.
Using a herring and large chunk of pink salmon for bait we were fishing in about 150 feet of tidewater.  the tide started running and when the fish was hooked there was no stopping it even using a hottrodded penn so i scrambled to get rid of the anchor and go with it.
  The fish was larger than we wanted to keep,  butt we got to film it and cutt it free.  Hopefully it will breed again as these fish are females and pretty old.
  So here,s to Brian,  rest in peace. :d  :d

Ron Jones

My condolences on the passing of your friend. He looked to know his way around a boat.

I agree, no one deserves to die from pancreatic cancer, or any cancer for that matter.

Cancer sucks

Ronald Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

Sorry to hear about your friend. Pancreatic cancer sucks, as do all cancers.

Great video Gary. We even went along with you to toss your anchor and get to the helm to follow the beast. I'm guessing 200+. It ts hard to tell if it's 5' or 6' or maybe closer to 7' which would be pushing 300#. Anyway, thank you for sharing a good day in the life of your good friend. Good memories for sure
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Nice release.  Sorry about your friend.  It is a good memorial for him.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks for your kind words,  there was no time to hand off the camera,  it's going outside and around the cabin,  we always have a bouy on the anchor line ready for this so you don't lose your anchor/line.   Butt if the tides running hard it's much more difficult.... And then the buoy is sucked under and you have to come back at slack tide to get it back....usually this means the next day.   
  Thanks for your interest.    I've got another similar video with the same friend aboard a few years earlier.    Ill name it "going with the flow".
   Keep watching.   Be safe.  Have fun. :fish