Down in ixtapa

Started by Hardy Boy, March 22, 2022, 12:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Well the wife and I are down enjoying the sun and relaxing. I went out fishing last Friday and caught some jack cravelle, black Bonita, a needlefish, a trigger fish and a pacific bonito. I have to say the pacific bonito is excellent eating, I had some in cavechie and some fried very good. Offshore water is cold. Go out again Wednesday.

Cheers

Todd
Todd

scrinch

Hey Todd! They open up the borders and Canucks start spilling out all over the place! Enjoy the warm weather and fishing down there. Pacific bonito are indeed tasty, but all I ever seem to catch in Mexico are the dark ones. Speaking of dark, have you ever tried a Jack Crevalle? They're meat is as dark as a chocolate bar!  Cheers! --Rich
:d

whalebreath

March & April often means a cold current along a large stretch of the coast both north
& south of Zihua I wouldn't bother spending too much for a boat ride Sails & Dorado will be hard to find and Tuna far far away.

Brewcrafter

Good luck on Wednesday! - john

alantani

pics or it didn't happen......   >:D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

The Baja Guy

El Pescador

Todd!

I've got photos from my last Baja trip!!!!

Where are yours????

Photos ain't lying 8)

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

Did you keep and eat the triggerfish? If you didn't you should as they are very tasty!!!!

Hardy Boy

Well my camera did not work, for real. Said memory card error. I will take the wife's camera on Wednesday. Karl is right as there is no blue water. My captain is good and won't go for sails if the conditions are poor. Hence why we went inshore. He was hoping for pompano. We will see tomorrow.

Todd
Todd

Hardy Boy

Caught one of these. Not to dark to drink!

Todd
Todd

thorhammer