Smallmouth where they shouldn't be !

Started by Crow, March 08, 2022, 12:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

So, they're on the east side. A Slough Creek/Lamar River invasion would be a real drag. Wonder how?..., migration or someone planting them?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

The smallie is an amazing fish...but I don't want them in Yellowstone.  Be that as it may, smallies are in many of the rivers downstream from, and connected to, the Yellowstone, and as one of the comments to the article in the link said, it's really a wonder that they have not shown up earlier.

Frank

akfish

Another one: They occasionally catch northern pike in salmon nets in Cook Inlet, Alaska.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Lalo13

Be thankful guys all you got was small mouths , in some places here in Canada people have caught HUGE, and I mean huge goldfish . I'm still like WTF ???

happyhooker

People think they are "doing right" to "free" unwanted goldfish "pets" into freshwater streams, ponds, etc.  All they are doing is introducing another invasive, un-natural species into the wild.  DON'T DO IT!

Frank

philaroman

Quote from: Lalo13 on March 28, 2022, 03:06:42 AMBe thankful guys all you got was small mouths , in some places here in Canada people have caught HUGE, and I mean huge goldfish . I'm still like WTF ???

the really huge ones are likely koi or half-breeds
(pure goldfish don't get that big, but readily hybridize w/ carp)